set up your password reset questions in personal account manager
If you set up your two Password Reset questions in the Personal Account Manager (or PAM) you will be able to reset your password on your own, anytime and anywhere you have an Internet connection.
- From Loyola’s home page, click the Links dropdown list and select Personal Account Manager.
- Under your account, click on Manage your Account.
- Enter your UVID in the Username textbox.
This is usually the first letter of your first name, and your last name. If you are not sure what your UVID is, enter your last name in the Last Name textbox.
- Click the appropriate NEXT button.
- Click on your full name username under the "User" heading.
- Enter your password in the text box and clickNext.
- Under User Maintenance Options, click on Self-Service Password Reset Setup.
- Enter your password in the Current Password textbox. Enter two questions that only you can answer in the Question #1 and Question #2 textboxes. Enter your answers to these questions in the corresponding Answer textboxes and verify them by typing them in again in the Verify Question textboxes.
Note:Keep in mind that the responses are case-sensitive.
- Click Save.
- You will be given a message to confirm that your self-reset credentials (your questions) have been stored. You are now prepared to reset your password on your own.