Reset Your Password in Personal Account Manager
Here are a couple of points to remember, before you reset your password:
- Loyola’s Personal Account Manager (or PAM) allows you to reset a forgotten password at any time of day, as long as you have set up your two Password Reset questions.
- If you have forgotten your password and have not set up those questions, you will need to email the Technology Support Center at helpdesk.luc.edu including your first and last name, your Universal ID (or UVID), and clear indication in the email message that you are at the John Felice Rome Center, to get your password reset.
Follow these instructions to reset your password in PAM:
- Go to the Loyola homepage, www.luc.edu. From Loyola’s home page, click the Links dropdown list and select Personal Account Manager.
- Under Your Account, click onChange Your Password.
- Enter your UVID in the Username textbox.
This is usually the first letter of your first name, and your last name. If you are not sure what your UVID is, enter your last name in the Last Name textbox.
- Click the appropriateNEXT button.
- Click on your full username under the “User” heading.
- Enter your current password in the Old Password textbox. Enter a new and unique password in the New Password and Verify Password textboxes.Note: Your password must be at least 8 characters long and contain at least 2 letters and 2 numbers. You are not able to re-use any old passwords.
- Click Submit.
- You should see a message stating you have successfully changed your password.