Redirect Email in Personal Account Manager
Redirecting your Loyola email is a two-step process:
- First, you will need to set your preferred email address in the Personal Account Manager (PAM).
- After this has been set, you will need to create a GroupWise rule within your email account.
Points to Remember Before you Start:
- Email re-routing takes an hour to begin.
- Remember that re-routing will only affect new messages; check your Loyola email account for messages
received before you re-routed.
- Every time you switch email providers while at Loyola, you must re-route your email to your new address.
- There is a quota limit on items that you can keep in your GroupWise mailbox. It's important to know that
when you re-route your email, GroupWise still retains a copy of that email. For this reason it's very
important that you periodically log into your GroupWise account and clean out old emails.
Step 1 - Setting your Preferred Email Address in PAM
- From Loyola’s home page, click the Links dropdown list and select Personal Account Manager.
- Under “Your Account,” on the left side of the screen, click Manage Your Account.
- Type in your username or your last name and click the appropriate Next Button.
- Click on your full username under the "User" heading.
- Type in your password and click Next.
- On the screen titled Identification, scroll to the bottom to find the Email Address textbox.
- Type in your preferred email address and click Save.
- This will take care of forwarding any mail that arrives from outside of Loyola.
STEP 2 - Setting an Email Forwarding Rule in Group Wise
Setting an Email forwarding rule in GroupWise forwards mail sent to you from inside the Loyola network.
- From Loyola's homepage, use the quicklinks in the upper right corner and select E-Mail.
- Log into Groupwise.
- From the Groupwise Web Access main window, click on Options from the upper right corner.
- Then, click on the Rules Tab.
- From the Type dropdown list, select the type of rule you want to create.
Forward: forwards specified messages to the recipients you choose.
- Click Create to display the create rule form.
- Type the name you want to use for the rule.
- Define the condition under which messages should be affected by the rule. If you want all email to be re-routed, do not define any conditions.
- Under "Define Action" enter your preferred email address in the To: line.
- Click Save.
- If you have not defined a rule condition, you will see a message that the rule will apply to all new messages received; click OK.
- You will be returned to the "Create Rule" form; click Save again.
Note: By default, rules are automatically activated. If you do not want your new rule activated immediately, click the check box next to the rule and then click Save. Remember to activate your rule when you want it to go into effect.
- Click Close.
- Now click Logout to log out of Groupwise.