narrating a powerpoint presentation in camtasia
Before you start recording your narration, it is important to check and make sure that your microphone is recording at an audible level.
- Open your PowerPoint presentation and select the Add-Ins tab.
- Click the Recording Options icon. This will open a window for Camtasia Studio's Add-In Options.
Under the Video and Audio section, make sure the slider for the Volume is slid over to the far right hand side.
- Open your PowerPoint presentation. Select the Add-Ins tab.
- The Microphone icon should be selected (highlighted in yellow) by default; if it is not selected, click to select it.
- Select the Record button.
- A small window will open in the lower right corner of your screen. Click the Click to begin recording button.
- Record narration. To pause recording, press Ctrl + Shift + F9.
- When you're finished recording, click the Stop Recording button or press Esc.
- Choose a title for your recording and click Save.
- Select Produce your recording. Click OK.
- This will open Camtasia Studio's Production Wizard. Select Custom Production Settings from the drop down menu and click Next.
- Select MP4/FLV/SWF - Flash outputs. Click Next.
- Under Appearance, select ExpressShow. Under Size, select 1280 x 1042. Click Next.
- On the Video Options page, put a checkmark in only one box: Embed Video in HTML. Click Next.
- Choose a Production name; if you are using a PowerPoint presentation, make sure you remove the .pptx extension from the file name. Camtasia will automatically add the correct extension as it creates your video file.
- Under Folder, choose the Desktop as the location to save your file; make sure Organize produced files into subfolders is checked. Click Finish.
- In Blackboard, select the course you want to add your presentation to from your Course List.
- From the course's main menu, select the Content Area you would like to add your presentation to.
- Click the Build Content button; under the Create column, select Item.
- Give your presentation a title and add a description (optional).
- Under Attachments, select Browse My Computer to locate and select the newly created SWF file of your narrated presentation and click Open.
Your file will appear under the "Attached Files" column; under "File Actions" you can choose to Create a link to this file or to Display Media File within the page.
- Click Submit.
- To view your presentation, click on the link with your presentation's title.