Upload Your i>clicker Polling Data
After you’ve polled your students in class, your polling data will appear in i>grader, the i>clicker grade book application. i>grader gives you access to all student polling information collected by i>clicker. With it, you can view students’ points, adjust scores, delete questions, synchronize late registrations (via integrate), and export/upload your polling data back into your Blackboard Grade Center.
NOTE: You cannot export scores to Blackboard if you are running i>grader from a network drive, such as the U drive. You will need to copy the i>grader software and your Classes folder onto the encrypted flash drive that comes with the i>clicker kit and run the i>grader export from the flash drive.
To export i>clicker scores back into your Blackboard Grade Center:
1. Open your i>clicker course folder, locate and launch i>grader. Choose your course you would like to upload your poll data to.
2. A pop-up window may appear saying your Blackboard Roster is not found. To download your course roster, click Yes. A Session Summary Instructions will appear. Click on Close.
3. The i>clicker integrate window will open automatically. If you already selected Auto Login, you will be automatically connected to your Blackboard account. If you did not select Auto Login, you will be prompted to enter your Blackboard user name and password (if Save Password was not selected).
5. Exit out of the Transfer Roster/Scores window and the i>grader main window.**This step is necessary and essential to properly import the student roster from Blackboard.
6. Re-open i>grader.exe; choose the course folder again and close the Session Summary Instructions window. The i>grader main window will open back up along with your student roster and their scores. Click on the Export button to transfer all scores to Blackboard.
7. Select the check boxes next to the session(s) you would like to export and click Selected Export Session(s) as a csv (Excel) file. You may also click Export All Session(s) as a csv (Excel) file to upload all of your i>clicker data to Blackboard.
TIP: You may re-export grades for the same session(s) into your Blackboard grade center with little problem. The new scores will simply replace the older scores you imported UNLESS you manually made changes to individual student scores within Blackboard. Most manual changes you made (to individual students) within Blackboard will not be changed to new data uploads from i>clicker /integrate. See the Troubleshooting section for information on how i>clicker integrate handles conflicting scores for the same session(s).
8. A message will appear, indicating that i>grader successfully exported the data into a file named UploadFile.csv in your course folder. Click OK.
9. A Confirm Upload message will appear asking the user if you would like to upload your Campus Score data now. Click Yes.
10. You may need to resign back into the Course Management System. The Transfer Roster/Scores window (refer to the image under section 4) will open back up. Make sure the proper course is selected and click on Export i>clicker Scores to CMS.
11. Your i>clicker polling scores will then upload directly into your Blackboard course. You will receive a confirmation message when the upload is complete. Click OK.
12. The scores will be uploaded into your Blackboard Grade book as numeric quiz grades in the i>clicker polling data category. (The name of the grading column will be the date that the polling took place.) You will be able to edit individual student i>clicker scores within Blackboard after you’ve uploaded the data.
13. Click Exit to close i>clicker integrate. You may also close i>grader.
14. Repeat steps 1-8 for every course for which you are using i>clicker.