Creating an Avatar
An Avatar is a photo or other digital image that represents a user. Your avatar appears throughout Blackboard, including on the portal page where you log in, in the ‘What’s New’ module in your courses, and in journal and blog entries.
To create an avatar for yourself follow these steps:
1. Click on My Places at the top of the page.
2. Click on Personal Information.
3. On the Personal Information page, click on Personalize My Places.
4. In the Avatar Image section, click Browse My Computer to select an avatar image. The image could be a photo of you or another digital image that represents you. The avatar you upload should not exceed 150 x 150 pixels.
5. Click Submit to upload the picture.
6. Check for a Success message in green above the Personal Information section.
Return to the course home page to see the uploaded avatar.