creating a wiki
Wikis are used to create a collaborative space within a course where all students can view, contribute or edit content. Wikis can facilitate groupwork, create shared documents, and even function as assessment tools. Content displayed on a wiki can include text, images, video, audio, and links.
1. On the Control Panel, click on Course Tools.
2. Access the Wikis tool from the Course Tools.
3. Click on
4. Type a Name for the Wiki and add Instructions.
5. You can make the Wiki available to students and set the date and time for its availability.
6. Select whether the Wiki is open to editing for students.
7. You can also activate the grading for a Wiki and set the point value.
8. Click on Submit to create the Wiki.
9. The new Wiki displays on the Wikis page; click on its name to open and create a homepage for the Wiki.
10. Once the homepage for the Wiki is created, choose one of the following activities:
a. Click on Create a Wiki Page to add another page
b. Click on Edit Wiki Content to edit content on the page
c. Click on Comment to leave comments
d. Click on Participation and Grading to grade students
For more information on the academic uses of Wikis, visit this link from the Office of Learning Technologies & Assessment's Teaching with Technology Guide: https://sites.google.com/site/luctwtguide/tools/wikis