Quick Links: System Requirements, Recommended Equipment, Video Equipped Classrooms, Resources, Obtain a Host License, Session 1 - Training Information, Session 2 - Training Information, Session 3 - Training Information, Help Documentation, Student Access in Sakai, Helpful Tips and Best Practices
What is Adobe Connect?
Adobe Connect was adopted by Loyola for the purposes of providing the university community with a web conferencing solution for conducting synchronous online classes and meetings. It allows for flexibility in delivering rich content including streaming audio, video, and slide show presentations. The application also offers many tools for collaboration such as whiteboarding, document sharing, and live polling. Uploaded content is maintained for future meetings and sessions can be recorded for later viewing.
Additional survey information and results can be found here: Adobe Connect Faculty Survey Executive Summary
What are the system requirements for using Adobe Connect?
Loyola is currently using Adobe Connect 9. It requires an Internet connection, a web browser, and Adobe Flash Player 10.3 or later. The web-based platform supports nearly any operating system including Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Solaris; as well as the most widely used browsers such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari. A webcam and microphone are also strongly recommended for hosting a meeting. For more information, visit Adobe Connect 9 Tech Specs: http://www.adobe.com/products/adobeconnect/tech-specs.html.
Adobe Systems has created a tool to test a computer for compatibility with Adobe Connect. To begin this process, visit Test Meeting Connection: https://connect.luc.edu/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm.
Adobe Connect also requires an Add-in for meeting hosts. The Test Meeting Connection will verify installation. To download manually, visit Adobe Connect Updates: http://www.adobe.com/support/connect/updaters.html.
Known Compatibility Issues with Adobe Connect
|Google Chrome - Will not work with screen sharing as the Adobe Connect Add-on will not install in this web browser.||Download and use Mozilla Firefox instead: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/|
|Mac OS 10x or Earlier – Java no longer supports this operating system, making hosting meetings in Adobe Connect impossible.||Update operating system or utilize a different computer.|
- Recommended headsets include the Logitech H390 and H800
- Recommended webcams include the Logitech C525 and C920
- Recommended USB conferencing microphone is the MXL AC-404
- Recommended USB lapel microphone is the Revolabs xTAG (prerecording content only)
- Water Tower Campus
- Corboy Law Center 202, 322, 423, 523
- Maguire Hall 110
- Lakeshore Campus
- Cuneo 002, 302, 311, 312, 318, 324
- Mundelein 508
- Crown Auditorium
- Crown Center 114
- Klarchek Information Commons 105, 111, 112, 120, 215, 216, 230
- Promotes community building
- Engages students with interactive, media-rich presentations
- Invites immediate and follow-up discussion in real-time to clarify and expand content presented
- Allows for collaboration and communication on group projects and during breakout sessions
- Provides the ability to use facial and body language via video
- Presents opportunities for guest speakers regardless of geographic location
- Offers the possibly to host office hours or 1:1 communication between instructor and student
A number of Adobe Connect resources continue to be developed internally at Loyola to help support faculty, staff, and students. Please send any questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.