Research Computing supports statistical, QDA, and online survey applications that are available to Loyola students, faculty, and staff on open-access computing lab and office desktops via the following services:
- advising, consulting and training for supported applications (training is limited to specific applications: SPSS, NVivo, and Opinio)
- managing the licensing of all supported research-related software
- arranging for home use of specific applications (SPSS, SAS, NVivo, and SNAP for faculty; SAS and SNAP for students)
- assistance with the creation of, and administration of, online Teacher Course Evaluations
- assistance with the creationof, and administration of, elections to student and faculty organizations/councils
Our staff consists of two full-time staff members and five graduate assistants. The bulk of the advising and consulting work with undergraduate and graduate students is handled by our graduate assistants. Graduate assistants are senior graduate students from the social science and mathematics/statistics departments with backgrounds in quantitative analysis and research methods.