Loyola University Chicago

- Navigation -

Loyola University Chicago

International Students & Scholars

Obtaining an Illinois Driver's License

For Students with Social Security Numbers

To drive in the U.S., you must have a valid driver's license issued by the state in which you live. To apply for a license:

For more information, call: 312.793.1010.

For Students Without Social Security Numbers

To obtain a Social Security Number (SSN), you must either have a job offer or an Employment Authorization Document. For more information, please see Obtaining a Social Security Number.

Even without an SSN, you may still apply for a temporary visitor driver's license if your non-immigrant status is F-1, F-2, J-1 or J-2. To apply for the temporary visitor license:

If you experience any difficulties or need assistance, please contact us.


International Students & Scholar Services · Sullivan Center, 6339 N. Sheridan Rd, Chicago, IL 60660
Mailing Address: 1032 W. Sherdian Road, Chicago, IL 60660
773.508.3899 · iss@luc.edu

Notice of Non-discriminatory Policy