The International Club functions as a cultural forum for students from diverse backgrounds, encouraging their participation in activities on campus. The club also fosters interaction between American and International students by welcoming these members and providing activities which are open to the Loyola community. The group also helps to welcome new International students and assist them in making a smooth transition to Loyola University Chicago.
What kind of events does the International Club Organize?
- Coffee Hours
- Language exchanges
- Ethnic dinners
- Visit of various ethnic neighborhoods
- Music festivals
- Lectures and Seminars about Immigration issues
- Sports games
- Pumpkin Carving
- Cross-cultural dialogues
- Board games
How can you join LUC International Club?
You can join us on:
- Facebook: By joining our International Club Facebook Page, you will get regular updates about the events we organize throughout the year. At the same time, our Page also acts as a forum for American and International students to socialize, exchange ideas and perspectives.
- Orgsync: Orgsync is a web-based platform which, unlike Facebook, provides a full calendar of events for the different clubs on campus. It is very easy to create an account and we encourage you to do so in order to stay up-to-date on our upcoming events! Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to http://www.orgsync.com/
- Click on "Register"
- Select "Loyola University Chicago"
- Enter your contact information and click "Create"
- Look for "International Club" in the list of organizations
Officers for the International Club
President: Saara Aboobacker
Vice President: Tiffany Vuong
Treasurer: Brenda Perez
Publicity Officer: Bruno Chung
Official International Club E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org