Rome Program, Summer 2013
Registration for our 2013 Summer in Rome program is now closed
Although registration for 2013's IPS Summer in Rome program is now closed, please look back in the late summer/early fall for stories and photos of this year's trip as well as registration information for 2014's Summer in Rome program!
July 7 - 17, 2013
IPS is now offering courses in Rome. This year's trip will take place July 7-17, 2013. All participants must choose from one of three available graduate-level courses, all of which are three semester credit hours:
- New Testament: Christian Origins
- Liturgy and the Christian Sacraments
- Foundations of Christian Spirituality
Classes are held at Loyola's John Felice Rome Center. In addition to classes, students will tour some of Rome's most famous landmarks and attractions, including the Colosseum, St. Peter's Square, and much more. Check out the complete proposed itinerary for more information.
Program Details and Costs
The base cost of this program is $2,295, which includes:
- A double-occupancy room at Rome’s modern 4½ star Hotel Zone. (Please add $400 for single occupancy.)
- All breakfasts, some lunches and dinners, tickets to attractions and museums, and required Italian documents.
The base cost does not cover airfare, transportation to and from the airport, extra-curricular traveling and activities, some lunches and
dinners, and other personal expenses. Departure Point Travel is available to arrange airfare for these programs. Contact them at
800.764.6836, 703.242-4203, or email@example.com.
Scholarships are available for the Rome program, and available discounts include:
- 5% off ($115) for Loyola Alumni
- 5% off ($115) for early registration with $500. deposit by Nov. 15, 2012
A $500 deposit is required at the time of registration; $1,500 is due January 31, 2013; the remaining balance is due February 28, 2013. Registration is completed online and credit cards are the only accepted method of payment.
If you are:
- a Loyola student and wish to take the course for credit, please register for the course through LOCUS. Payment for the course ($2,145) is separate from the base cost of the program and is paid through the Loyola e-bill system.
- a student from another university and wish to take the course for credit and have the credits transferred back to your school, you must first apply to IPS as a graduate non-degree seeking student and then register for the course through LOCUS.