Master of Arts in Health Care Mission Leadership
The MA in Health Care Mission Leadership offers professional preparation for those in senior leadership positions in a health care environment who are charged with developing, enhancing, cultivating, and protecting the identity and mission of their organizations.
The program incorporates teachings from theology, spirituality, bioethics, organizational development and leadership to offer a degree that is both well rounded and pertinent to the work being done in Catholic hospitals and health systems throughout the world.
The program equips students to:
- Be articulate on the foundations of Catholic and Christian traditions and how they can shape health care.
- Develop a stronger understanding of Catholic ministries and be better able to collaborate with church authorities to further Catholic health care ministry.
- Become conversant in the ethical challenges that can arise in the health care milieu and be prepared to address those circumstances using insight from Catholic ethics and bioethics.
- Cultivate and maintain an organizational culture that works in concert with a Catholic vision of health care.
- Understand the complexities Catholic health care as well as the financial environment in which it functions.
Onsite and Online Degree: The program offers a highly accessible option for students outside of Chicago, working professionals, or individuals looking for greater flexibility. Students earn their degree from home, work, or wherever best suits their schedule. Our curriculum encourages interaction, collaboration, and a sense of community among our students, while also offering a great depth of academic content. IPS regularly offers summer courses in Rome.
Length of Program: Full-time students can complete the thirty-six credit hour program in two years.
The interdisciplinary nature of the MA in Health Care Mission Leadership degree program makes it perfect for professionals who work in or aspire to work in faith-based health care leadership. The degree is especially suitable for persons already in positions that focus on “mission and identity,” “mission effectiveness,” or “mission leadership.”
IPS Master of Arts in Health Care Mission Leadership Video