Faculty & Staff
Marian K. Diaz, DMin
Dr. Marian K. Diaz serves as an Assistant Professor at the Institute of Pastoral Studies at Loyola University Chicago. For the past twenty years she has held various positions in university teaching and administration and in pastoral leadership and formation at the diocesan level. From 2009-2012 she accompanied her husband as he served as the U.S. Ambassador to the Holy See in Rome. Marian’s dissertation addressed the needs for adult faith formation diverse cultural contexts. Her theological interests include Scripture and early Christian history, spirituality, women in the Catholic church, Catholic social teaching and the intersection between pastoral practice and theological method.
- Barry University, Miami Shore, FL, D.Min.
- Catholic Theological Union, Chicago, IL, Research MA in Bible
- University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN, BA in Philosophy and the Program of Liberal Studies.
- Social Justice
- Women in the Church
- Methodology of practical theology
- Peacebuilding, integral ecology and justice
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Encyclical Working Group on Laudato Si', Archdiocese of Chicago
- Literature of Ancient Israel
- Christian Origins
- Foundations of Social Justice
- Peacemaking in a Global, Interfaith Context