August 25, 2013: Move-in Day
- All students MUST arrive on campus by this date.
- Families are invited to orientation activities on this date.
- Students planning to arrive in Rome before this date must arrange their own accommodations.
August 25, 2013 – August 27, 2013
- Discover Loyola: First-year student orientation (Rome Start students only)
August 28, 2013 – September 1, 2013
- JFRC Orientation (Rome Start students and JFRC study abroad students)
September 2, 2013
- Classes begin
September 6, 2013 – September 8, 2013
- Overnight orientation trip (Rome Start students and other study abroad students). The overnight orientation trip has been a tradition at the JFRC for many years. It marks the official start of the semester. The cost of the orientation trip is included in students’ tuition and fees.
October 4, 2013 – October 9, 2013
- Fall break trip to Chicago for Rome Start students
December 13, 2013
- Fall 2013 Semester ends (Please note that Rome Start students are permitted to stay on campus between semesters, though they should know that the heat is turned down, hot water is at a minimum, and no food service is available during the break.)
January 15, 2014
- Spring Semester 2014 orientation begins (optional)
January 20, 2014
- Spring Semester 2014 classes begin
May 2, 2014
- Spring Semester 2014 ends (mandatory departure day)