August 24, 2014: Move-in Day
- All students MUST arrive on campus by this date.
- Families are invited to orientation activities on this date.
- Students planning to arrive in Rome before this date must arrange their own accommodations.
August 24, 2014 – August 26, 2014
- Discover Loyola: First-year student orientation (Rome Start students only)
August 27, 2014 – August 31, 2014
- JFRC Orientation (Rome Start students and JFRC study abroad students)
September 1, 2014
- Classes begin
September 5, 2014 – September 7, 2014
- Overnight orientation trip (Rome Start students and other study abroad students). The overnight orientation trip has been a tradition at the JFRC for many years. It marks the official start of the semester. The cost of the orientation trip is included in students’ tuition and fees.
October 10, 2014 – October 19, 2014
- Fall break trip to Chicago for Rome Start students
December 12, 2014
- Fall 2014 Semester ends (Please note that Rome Start students are permitted to stay on campus between semesters, though they should know that the heat is turned down, hot water is at a minimum, and no food service is available during the break.)
January 14, 2014
- Spring Semester 2015 orientation begins (optional)
January 19, 2014
- Spring Semester 2015 classes begin
May 1, 2014
- Spring Semester 2015 ends (mandatory departure day)