Level 4 Multi-Purpose Room Policy
Requests to use Level 4 of the Klarchek Information Commons (IC) for meetings and events should be directed to Carol Franklin via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via telephone at 773.508.2641. If Ms. Franklin is unavailable, please contact Jeannette Pierce via e-mail at email@example.com or via telephone at 773.508.3949.
Use of IC facilities is governed by the following policies:
- The Rooms in the IC are available for Loyola-related academic events such as meetings, lectures, and presentations.
- The rooms are available throughout the year, with the exception of blackout periods (e.g. final exams, commencement, orientation, dates when the IC is closed, etc.).
- Events may only be held during the IC’s normal hours of operation. To view the hours of the building, please view the IC’s website for the current schedule.
- Use by non-Loyola groups is not allowed, and all events require a Loyola administrative or faculty host.
Capacity may vary and we may suggest alternative spaces depending on the size of the group and nature of the event; however, our guidelines require a minimum of 25 guests, and a maximum 150 guests.
- Information regarding the use of the 4th floor is available on request. Contact Carol Franklin for further information.
A podium and sound system are available for the 4th floor and the classrooms. The event organizer should arrange with Instructional Technology and Research Support (ITRS) to use the sound system on the 4th floor.
- Requests should be made at least 72 hours in advance by calling extension 4-4444 or 773-508-7190. It is advisable to arrange a sound check with Instructional Technology and Research Support (ITRS) in advance of any event held in the IC.
- Computer set up, projector and screen, and additional technology may be available from Instructional Technology and Research Support (ITRS). Any fees associated with this service are the responsibility of the event organizer.
Catering preparation space may only be used by Loyola Dining and Catering Services. (email: firstname.lastname@example.org 773-508-6035)
- Outside catering is not permitted, and food and beverages for events must be provided by Loyola Dining and Catering Services.
- Events at which students may be present and alcohol will be served should be staffed by a bartender who will check Id’s as appropriate. Any event serving alcohol must follow Loyola University policies. Beverages are to be provided by ARAMARK Loyola Catering only.
Depending on the size, nature, and timing of an event, we may require event organizers to provide a Campus Safety officer. Contact Campus Safety at 773-508-6039 for more information on how to arrange for an officer and the associated costs.
Furniture arrangement, including additional chairs, is the responsibility of the sponsoring organization in conjunction with Facilities and/or Catering. The sponsoring organization is also responsible for returning the room to its standard layout following the event
Event organizers are responsible for meeting and greeting event attendees and providing directions to the room, preferably by providing a greeter. Event organizers are also responsible for keeping the noise in the study areas low as guests arrive when students are studying nearby.
- Registration must be located inside the reserved room to minimize noise in the adjacent study areas.
Music should be maintained at a level that cannot be heard outside the room when the doors are closed.
Doors are to be kept closed during events.
Wall decorations are not allowed.
Frequently Used Contacts
- Jeannette Pierce, Director, Klarchek Information Commons: 773-508-3949 email@example.com
- Carol Franklin, Library Administration: 773-508-2641 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jennifer Jacobs, Director for Administrative Services: 773-508-3963 email@example.com
- Conference Services: 773-508-8069 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Campus Safety: 773-508-6039 email@example.com
- Instructional Technology and Research Support (ITRS): 773-508-4ITS (8-4487) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dining Services and Catering: 773-508-6035 email@example.com
- Housekeeping: 773-908-0048 firstname.lastname@example.org
|Policy Revision History|
|Approved: IC Steering Committee, November 2008|
|Updated: IC Steering Committee, September 2009|
|Updated: IC Steering Committee, July 2011|