Posting and Distribution Policy
A designated member of the Information Commons management must approve all postings. Postings may not cover, deface or remove the posted materials of another organization.
Questions about posting materials in the Information Commons may be directed to Mary Donnelly at email@example.com.
The Information Commons reserves the right to refuse or remove materials which are judged to be contrary to these guidelines, or items which have been posted without approval. Duration of posting may be determined by the Information Commons, dependent upon the projected date of the advertised event. Further inquiries may be directed to the Information Commons administration.
Registered student organizations and university departments may have information posted and distributed in the Information Commons. Advertised events must be of general interest to the academic community, and may not promote private solicitations such as apartment ads, personals, or employment. All materials must indicate the name of the sponsoring registered student organization or academic department. For campus concerts, dances and special events, the promotional material must include the statement “Current College ID Required”. All materials written in a foreign language must include the equivalent English translation. Materials will not be approved if they contain:
- Any reference to illegal substances, unless in connection with an anti-drug message or program.
- Offensive language or images and/or graphic illustrations.
- Language and/or graphic illustrations that dehumanize individuals based on race, age, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Any information that violates local, state or federal law or university policies.
- Reference by undergraduate student organizations to the use, sale or possession of alcohol at an event sponsored by the organization.
- Material that is contrary to the values of a Catholic, Jesuit University.
|Policy Revision History|
|Approved: IC Steering Commitee, March 2009
|Updated: IC Steering Commitee, July 2011