Group Study Room Policy
The primary purpose of these rooms is to provide a place for students to engage in collaborative and cooperative study in small groups. Permanent assignment of rooms is not made to any particular academic group or social organization.
- Group study rooms are only available to Loyola University Chicago students, faculty and staff.
- Over 25 group study rooms are available through an online reservation system on the Information Commons Home page.
- Cudahy Library also has several group study rooms available on a first come first served basis. Keys for the Cudahy rooms can be checked out at Cudahy Library’s Circulation Desk.
- Group study rooms are not available for functions such as: classes, lectures or seminars.
- Single users may reserve a group study room Sunday-Thursday until 3pm and all day Friday and Saturday. They may be asked to vacate the room for groups of 2 or more studying together outside of these times.
- Group study rooms are not soundproof; please keep your voices down out of consideration for others.
- Groups that are excessively noisy and disturb others may be asked to vacate group study rooms.
- The windows and doors in the group study rooms may not be locked, blocked or covered.
- Furnishings from other parts of the IC may not be brought into the Group Study Rooms.
Cooperation and courtesy will be appreciated. If you are unable to resolve a dispute over use of a room, you may seek staff assistance at any Service Desk. Violations of these group study room policies may result in suspension of Library privileges.
IC staff monitor the rooms regularly.
Rules for reserving Group Study Rooms
- Users can reserve a group study room for up to 2 hours a day.
- Individuals may reserve rooms for 6 hours total for any given week (Sun-Sat).
- Reserved rooms not occupied by members of the reserving group within 10 minutes after the beginning of the reservation period may be occupied by members of any other group needing to use a group study room.
- Group study room users without reservations must leave when requested by a group with proof of valid reservation, provided it is not after the 10 minute grace period.
- Rooms cannot be reserved or held by placing personal belongings in them. Unattended items will be removed and held until close at the Second Floor Service Desk before being sent to the University’s Lost and Found.
|Policy Revision History|
|Amended: IC Steering Committee, July 2008|
|Amended: IC Steering Committee, September 2009|