November 2nd - 8th 2015
Applications for Hunger Week 2015 are now closed. If interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What do you hunger for? Peace? Equality? Justice? Join the Hunger Week Team to help raise awareness to the Loyola community through programming and events about the prevalence of hunger on a local, national and global scale while developing your leadership skills and positively impacting the Loyola Community! Please take the time to read through the application prior to submission.
What is Hunger Week? Hunger Week has been a tradition at Loyola for 41 years. Each year we look for dedicated students that are committed to working as a team to create a week of activities that increase awareness of hunger issues and that raise funds for our beneficiaries. The program remains one of the most recognizable projects on campus year after year!
- Attendance at all Hunger Week Team meetings (roughly every two weeks in spring, every week in fall).
- Attendance at all Hunger Week events as class schedule allows.
- Completion of all assigned tasks.
- Commitment to promote Hunger Week on a personal level.
- Attendance at Student Leader Training Day on April 12th (if not previously attended)
Expected Weekly Time Commitment:
- Spring: up to 2 hours
- Summer: up to 1 hour
- Fall: 3-5 hours
The Hunger Week Team will need people to do many tasks, possibly including the following:
- Planning and executing events for the campus community
- Collaborating with student organizations, faculty, and staff
- Creating publicity plans
- Designing promotional materials
- Fundraising for beneficiaries
- Researching hunger issues
- Educating the campus community
- Tabling to promote Hunger Week
- Managing other team members
Why Should You Join the Hunger Week Team?
- Work with a dynamic team and ability to deepen leadership
- Serve as social justice advocate for Loyola and the surrounding community
- Become part of a longstanding Loyola tradition!
- Create and implement your own program or event that educates the Loyola community
For additional questions, email email@example.com
Make a Donation!
Help us help our beneficiaries for Hunger Week 2014! All funds raised will directly support our 2014 beneficiaries and help fight hunger on a local, national, and international level. See the box at the top right of this page for more information on these carefully selected non-profits.
Checks can be made payable to Loyola University Chicago, with "Hunger Week" in the memo line and mailed to:
Community Service & Action
1032 W. Sheridan Rd.
Damen Student Center Suite 217
Chicago, IL 60660