Retirement 101-Knowledge Center
Loyola University is committed to providing you with the resources and information necessary to assist you with making informed decisions. The links below provide additional info on your current benefits and the status of those benefits after retirement. We’ve also provided helpful links to important Medicare information that you’ll need to become familiar with, as you consider retirement:
- Retirement Benefits at-a-Glance - Many of your questions about the continuation of your current benefits after retirement, may be answered here.
- Your Retirement Checklist– Handy to-do-list with a suggested timeline of the steps that should be taken as early as 90 days prior to retirement thru 60 days post-retirement.
- Medicare Basics- Chart which outlines the basic components of the Original Medicare program.
- Other Helpful Resources- Reference guide of useful phone numbers and web URL’s that you may find helpful as you work through your retirement process.
- Retiree Privileges- Contains information regarding continuation of your library privileges; continued access to your Universal computing ID (UVID); and GroupWise email account after retirement.
- Retirement Vendor Info - Links to information regarding your Defined Contribution Retirement Plan (DCRP) & also the LUERP pension plan.
- Medicare & You Handbook - Official Government handbook with detailed information explaining the Medicare insurance program.
- On-Line Forms- Various forms may be found in this section for use by our retirees including claim forms; enrollment forms; address updates; computing & email agreement form.