Loyola 101 Orientation
Five-step orientation process
Welcome to Loyola! We are delighted you have joined us. Loyola is a world-class organization dedicated to searching for truth, living for others, and striving for excellence. Your contribution is important to ensure our sustained success and growth.
Loyola has developed a five-step orientation process that will allow you to become acclimated to Loyola and your new role:
- Your first day: On your first day of employment, you will be asked to visit the Human Resources office to receive a welcome kit and to complete all required new-hire paperwork.
- Benefit orientation:New employee benefit orientation is offered twice a month, and every new employee will be scheduled to attend this important orientation.
- Please refer to your offer letter for more detailed information on your benefits orientation date and time.
- Loyola 101: All new employees will be scheduled to attend Loyola 101, which introduces Loyola’s history, mission, culture, and policies. Please refer to your offer letter for more detailed information on your Loyola 101 orientation date and time.
- Mission seminar:New employees are also scheduled to attend a half-day seminar focused on Loyola's Catholic Jesuit Heritage and Mission. This is an important additional part of your orientation to the University.
- This program is only offered twice a year, in February and October. The Office of Ministry and Mission will send more detailed information regarding this seminar.
- Manager meeting: To help you settle into your new role, it is important to schedule a time to meet with your manager. Among the topics you will want to discuss are department standards, any special training needed for your job, expectations for performance, and setting goals. Your manager will be invaluable in helping you get off to a great start at Loyola.
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 312.915.6175.