Harassment Prevention Training
- The course is available online: https://slate.workplaceanswers.com/loyolauchicago
- Your Loyola Username and Password is required to access the material
- If you need to change your password, please visit Password Self-Service
Loyola University Chicago is committed to building and preserving a welcoming and inclusive community where everyone can work together, free from all forms of exploitation, intimidation, and harassment, including sexual harassment. Our Jesuit, Catholic mission and our commitment to upholding the dignity of every person compels us to actively foster a community that values and respects one another.
As you know, Loyola does not tolerate any form of harassment—such behavior is prohibited by law and by University policy. Ongoing education is one important way that Human Resources works to advance and sustain a positive, healthy, and inclusive environment for our mutual benefit and safety. In the coming week, full-time faculty as well as full-time and part-time staff members will be provided with information to access the online, interactive Harassment Prevention Training. This compulsory training is designed to increase awareness and to promote the prevention of any and all forms of harassment on our campuses.
Completion of this compliance training is required and is central to our efforts to ensure that all faculty and staff have the opportunity to work in a safe, respectful, and inclusive campus community. Loyola is committed to practicing responsible engagement activities, including understanding the duty to report harassment concerns that you may have.
Thank you in advance for completing this compulsory training by February 7. If you have any questions regarding this initiative, please contact Human Resources at 312.915.6175 or visit LUC.edu/hr.
- It takes approximately 45 minutes to complete using a Mac or Windows computer
- Workplace Answers will email participants a link to access a personalized training video
- Your Loyola Username and Password will be necessary to access the course
Full-time faculty and full-time, and part-time staff will receive a course registration notification from Workplace Answers (Workplace Answers eLearning <firstname.lastname@example.org>).
Contact Human Resources at HR-Training@LUC.edu with questions. Participation reports will be shared with Human Resources for required harassment prevention training completion.
- Appropriate vs inappropriate social media use
- Harassment law
- Liability avoidance tips
- Reporting and resolving harassment situations
- Types of discrimination
- Types of harassment
- Unlawful harassment in the workplace, including intimidating, hostile or offensive environments
Loyola University Chicago is committed to maintaining an environment which respects the dignity of all individuals and providing a work environment free from harassment. Accordingly, we will not tolerate harassment of any job seeker, faculty, staff, student or other individual present on our property based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or other factor protected by law.
- Windows 7, 8 & 10
- Mac OS 10.9 and later
- For HTML5 courses: iPad Tablets with the latest iOS version, minimum 7” screen
- For HTML5 courses: Android Tablets with versions 4.4 or later, minimum 7” screen
- All browsers must have session cookies and be SSL enabled
- Flash-enabled Training Courses require the most recent version of Adobe Flash Player
- Acrobat PDF Reader for all recommended browsers: Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Minimum screen size: 1024x768
- Audio Soundcard enabled
- 1Mbps broadband or high speed, for courses with audio, video, Flash or HTML5
- Input devices: Keyboard (or equivalent) and Mouse/Trackpad (or equivalent)