Employment & Income Verification Service
- The Work Number is the leading provider of employment and income verifications and it is used by lenders, property managers, pre-employment screeners, social service agencies and others who need to verify someone's employment status and income.
- The Work Number system is available to verifiers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Loyola University Chicago’s employer code is 18086
- The employee’s social security number
- A permissible purpose for accessing the information, as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Direct employee consent
- Credentialed access to use The Work Number
- There are four types of verifications that The Work Number provides: 1 ) Employment only, 2) Employment & Income, 3) Immigration, and 4) Social Services/Child Services.
- If an employee would like to verify their own employment, are they able to do this without being charged? An Employee can print out an Employee Data Report (EDR), which is no cost - but cannot be used as an official verification (i.e. mortgage).
- Employees can login to The Work Number to review their own record / data. Visit The Work Number website at: www.theworknumber.com.
Please direct the verifier to www.theworknumber.com where proof of employment and/or income can be verified
,The Verifier will need:
the Loyola University Chicago employer code, which is 18086
the employee’s Social Security Number
a permissible purpose for accessing the information, as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act
direct employee consent
credentialed access to use The Work Number