The Hyatt Group Legal Services Plan provides employees and their families with access to a network of participating attorneys who can provide a wide range of professional legal services. The monthly premium is $15 and plan attorneys have met stringent selection criteria, have an average of 16+ years of legal experience and assistance includes:
- Consultation on the telephone
- In-person consultation
- Document preparation
- Representation in many frequently necessary legal matters
Please see the LUC Benefits Booklet, located in the Resources section (upper right), for additional information.
A Few Things to Consider
A few things to consider:
- Plan attorneys are generally available to meet with you on weekdays, evenings, and Saturdays. Please see the LUC Benefits Booklet, located in the Resources section (upper right), for additional information.
- There are limitations to this plan. Covered legal services do not include representation in litigation matters.
- Certain areas are not covered by the plan, and there is no obligation to provide legal service benefits in any matter deemed frivolous, harassing, or in contravention of the rules of ethical conduct by governing attorneys.
More information and a listing of available attorneys can be found at www.legalplans.com. If you are not presently enrolled in the plan or are thinking about enrolling, click the enter here option under Employees/Members. At the next screen enter the access code 4020226. If you are already a member, please click on 'Member Login' and follow the instructions to log in. You can also call 800.821.6400, 7 a.m.–7 p.m., Central Time, Monday through Friday to speak with a representative.
- This benefit is portable. If you leave the University, you must contact Hyatt Legal Services/MetLife one month in advance. Hyatt will give you details on plan continuation.
Employees have the flexibility to use a non-plan attorney and be reimbursed for the covered services according to a set fee schedule. If employees use a non-plan attorney, they are responsible for paying the difference between the plan payment and the out-of-network attorney’s charge for the service.