Dependent Children, Spouses and Legally Domiciled Adults
- Apply for admission http://www.luc.edu/admission.shtml
- Gain acceptance to LoyolaUniversity and the program selected.
- Complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form online at * www.fafsa.ed.gov. (*internet explorer only), using Loyola University of Chicago School Code 001710. The FAFSA must be renewed by March of each calendar year for the next academic year for degree and non-degree seeking students.
- Complete the registration process.
- Verify dependent information in Lawson Employee Self Service https://univlaw.luhsads.luhs.org/lawson/portal/. Please make sure that the dependents SSN is properly listed in Lawson.
- Pay any fees or tuition not covered by the Tuition Benefit policy. You can check tuition balance and associated fees using the LOCUS Student portal https://locus.luc.edu/psp/pa91prd/?cmd=login&languageCd=ENG&. Employees are responsible for a Dependent Tuition Benefit Co-Pay which applies to each session a dependent is enrolled and is based on part-time or full-time status. The Co-Pay rates can be found here http://www.luc.edu/hr/pdfs/Tuition_Benefit_Dep_Co-Pay_FY_2012.pdf. The Co-pay changes every year on July 1st. Please keep in mind the Tuition Benefit may not be added to student accounts until after the Add/Drop period of the semester enrolled. Note: The Co-Pay for the 2013-2014 (July 1, 2013 - June 30, 2014) year is listed below.The student will pay $715 per academic term towards tuition if the student is enrolled in 12 or more hours (adjusted year to year). The student will pay $360 per academic term towards tuition if the student is enrolled in 11 or fewer hours per term (adjusted year to year)
- Undergraduate Students: Tuition Benefit pays 100% of tuition only. Employees and their dependents are financially responsible for co-pays, program deposits and course fees not covered by the Tuition Benefit Policy. Undergraduate Tuition Benefit is non-taxable. *However, please note that any LDA Tuition Benefit received is taxable and imputed as income for the employee. Human Resources will add the value of the benefit to the employee's bi-weekly or monthly pay and the employee will be taxed on that amount. Dependent children are only eligible for the tuition benefit up to the age of 24. The Tuition Benefit covers J-term, Spring, Summer, Fall semesters and the Summer Scholars program.
- Graduate Students: Dependents, Spouses/LDA’s are not eligible for the Tuition Benefit for Graduate Programs.
If you are interested in the Faculty and Staff Children Exchange Program (FACHEX) program please visit their website at http://www.luc.edu/finaid/fachex.shtml. The FACHEX program allows legal dependents of our employees to utilize the Tuition Benefit to attend other Jesuit universities. The FACHEX program has its own application procedures separate from Loyola University Chicago. The application process including deadlines and qualifications can vary from one university to the next for more information please visit the FACHEX website or contact the FACHEX Coordinator Edward Moore for more information 773.508.8928 firstname.lastname@example.org.