Current Faculty and Staff
The tuition benefit is applied after you have registered for your courses. If you make any changes to your enrollment AFTER the benefit has been applied to your student account please contact Edward Moore firstname.lastname@example.org to alert him of the changes so your benefit amount can be adjusted accordingly. Graduate students please keep in mind that any changes to your courses after the benefit has been applied or any delay in the receipt of your FAFSA form may have an impact on your taxable income for that current semester/quarter. When dropping courses please contact Edward Moore immediately so that notification is sent to our HRIS department so your taxable income can be adjusted if eligible. Employees are strongly encouraged to adhere to the university’s add/drop/withdrawal policy.
- Apply for admission http://www.luc.edu/admission.shtml
- Gain acceptance to Loyola University and the program selected.
- Complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form online at * www.fafsa.ed.gov. (*internet explorer only), using Loyola University Chicago School Code 001710. The FAFSA must be renewed by March of each calendar year for the next academic year for degree and non-degree seeking students. If you take less than two courses but are degree seeking you must complete the FAFSA.
- Complete the registration process.
- Pay any fees or tuition not covered by the Tuition Benefit policy. You can check your tuition balance and associated fees using the LOCUS Student portal. Please keep in mind the Tuition Benefit will not be added to student accounts until after the Add/Drop period of the semester enrolled.
- Undergraduate Students: Tuition Benefit pays 100% of tuition which only covers 3 courses or 9 semester hours per semester or 2 courses per quarter or 8 quarter hours. Employees are financially responsible for tuition and fees not covered by the Tuition Benefit Policy. Undergraduate Tuition Benefit is non-taxable.
- Graduate Students: Tuition Benefit pays 100% of tuition which covers two courses per semester (8 semester hours) or two per quarter (8 quarter hours). The School of Medicine, The School of Law, Continuum Program Non-Credit Courses, Executive Education Programs, Executive MBA cohort program and any other program that is not conferred at Loyola University Chicago are ineligible for the Tuition Benefit. Please check with the College associated with each course to determine where the degree is conferred. Graduate program students who need to complete undergrad courses as a prerequisite requirement for their Graduate program the undergrad courses taken will fall under the limitations of the Graduate program policy.
- Graduate Tuition Benefit is Taxable. Federal law currently makes graduate Tuition Benefit provided in excess of $5,250 in a calendar year subject to federal and state income tax, as well as social security withholdings. Graduate Tuition Benefit received in excess of $5,250 in a calendar year is imputed as income and taxed based on current income tax tables and tax bracket. Additional tax withholdings for this taxable Tuition Benefit will be taken from paychecks during the course of the academic term for which Tuition Benefits apply.
- Human Resources department is not involved in the Admission, Tuition Billing or Payment Process. Please contact the Bursars Office for any questions related to Tuition Billing.