Applicant Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I view current job postings and apply for a position at Loyola University Chicago?
Visit the Loyola University Chicago career homepage at: www.careers.luc.edu. On our career homepage you can search open positions, create a login user name and password, create an online application and apply for specific positions.
- How long does it take to fill out an application?
- The University Staff Application takes approximately thirty minutes to complete.
- The University Faculty Registration Form takes approximately five minutes to complete.
- The Health Sciences Faculty Registration Form takes approximately five minutes to complete.
- Does everyone have to fill out an application?
Yes. Everyone applying for a position at Loyola University Chicago must complete a staff application or faculty registration form. The application may include information that is not found in a resume and the more information you provide on your application, the easier it will be to effectively evaluate your experience and qualifications.
- What information should I include on my application?
You should describe in detail all of your training and experience, to include both paid and volunteer work on your application. Ensure that all sections of the application are completed. It is very important that you provide complete and detailed information about your qualifications so we can truly evaluate your job application.
- If I am a current Loyola University Chicago employee, do I still need to submit an application to be considered for a position that I am interested in?
Yes, you must apply for a specific position using our online application process to be considered for a position.
- How do I edit an existing application?
If you wish to update/edit an existing application, login to our career homepage and select "manage applications" from the left navigation menu. From this screen you may either edit an application that you have already created or you may complete a different application type.
- What if I forget my password or both my username and password?
In the event you should forget your password, you can visit our career homepage, select LOGIN from the left navigation menu and click the I FORGOT MY PASSWORD link in the login box. You will be prompted to enter in your username to retrieve your secret question and answer. If you forget both your username and password, please call the Human Resources office at 312.915.6175 and a staff member will be happy to assist you.
- Can I attach a resume to my application?
After completing the application process, you will then be allowed to self-nominate for positions. Each time you self-nominate for a position, you will be asked if you would like to attach a previously saved CV/Resume, upload a new CV/Resume or copy and paste or type you CV/Resume in. To upload a new CV/Resume you must have your resume in an electronic format such as Word document or a PDF file. To attach and upload a CV/Resume, click Browse, then select the file you wish to upload and click Open. You may also copy and paste or type in your CV/Resume into the text box provided.
- May I use more than one resume?
Yes. You will be able to submit a new resume for each position you apply for. Our career site will hold several versions of your resume and cover letter that you can attach.
- May I submit my resume to be kept on file until a suitable position becomes available?
No, you cannot submit a resume until you apply for a specific job.
- To whom should I address my cover letter to?
Address the cover letter to "Hiring Manager."
- Can I apply for jobs at Loyola University Chicago via telephone, fax, or email?
No. Loyola University Chicago only accepts applications submitted through our career homepage at: www.careers.luc.edu
- Can I apply directly with the hiring department?
No. Loyola's career homepage is the central intake point for all open staff and faculty positions. Only job seekers who create an application and submit a resume online will be considered for employment.
- Should I mail in or e-mail a copy of my resume if I have already formally applied for the position via the Loyola University Chicago career homepage?
No. An application and resume submitted through our career homepage is sufficient.
- What do I do if I do not have access to a computer?
You can submit your application and required documents from any computer with internet access (home, school, library, etc.) If you do not have access to a computer, please visit the Human Resources office located on the Lake Shore Campus or the Water Tower Campus from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- If a job was posted a few months ago and remains posted on the careers.luc.edu website, is it really still open?
If a job is listed on our career homepage, we are still accepting applications for that job. Be aware that some jobs take longer to fill than others.
- How often is the job list updated?
The job list is updated daily.
- How do I check the status of an application?
To check the status of your application, use your username and password to login to our career homepage at: www.careers.luc.edu. On the left navigation bar select "Application Status." This screen will show you all the positions you have self-nominated for, along with the current status of each position. If the status says "in-progress" this means your application is currently under review and you will be contacted directly by the hiring manager or human resources if you are selected for an interview.
- How will my application be evaluated?
When you apply for a position, Human Resources, will evaluate your application. Your qualifications in relation to the respective job, along with those of all other applicants, will be compared against the skill/qualification needed for the position.
- If I am offered an interview, is there a way for me to view the job description?
Yes. Use your username and password to login to www.careers.luc.edu "Application Status" from the left navigation bar. This screen will allow you to view the job descriptions for each position you have applied to.
- When will my references be contacted?
Your references will be contacted later on in the search process, typically after you have been interviewed by telephone or in person.
- How long does the entire interviewing process take?
Due to the high volume of applicants, the search process varies for each opening, but feel free to login to our career homepage to check the status of your application anytime.
- How are job interviews arranged?
The hiring department or a human resources representative will contact you if you have been selected for an interview.
- Is there someone I can call to follow up regarding my interest in Loyola University Chicago?
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants we receive, it is not possible to respond to individual inquiries about the status of a resume or a search. You will be contacted directly by the hiring manager or human resources if you are selected for an interview. You are always welcome to check the status of your application, by logging into our career homepage at: www.careers.luc.edu.
- Will I hear a response either way?
Yes. Either you will be contacted for an interview or receive an e-mail notification once the position you have applied for has been filled.
- Are there any employment restrictions?
All employees of Loyola University Chicago must be eligible to work in the U.S.