Weight Watchers Program
Stories of Success
The Weight Watchers @ Work is proving to be rather successful at our HSD Maywood Campus location. The Maywood campus began their Weight Watchers @ Work program in June 2011 and has grown to 40 members. Since the start of the program the Maywood participants have lost a total of 1200 pounds. 40 members losing 1200 pounds, in one year, that number is fantastic! We want to congratulate the Maywood Campus and encourage all participate to remain steadfast towards their goal of achieving a healthier lifestyle. Remember it is never to late to sign-up and start the program. If you have an incredible Weightloss story that you would like to tell submit your story to email@example.com
Stay on track with Weight Watchers Quickbites
Fueling your body the right way is an important part of working out. You want to eat properly before your workout to have the strength and stamina to get through your routines. And when you eat afterwards, you want to make sure that you’re not undoing all your efforts.
So, start with our article Fuel Up Before You Work Out. It’s filled with smart advice on what and when to eat to maximize a workout session. You’ll learn how to balance carbs with protein, find out how to time your pre- and post-workout meals, and get ideas on what to eat before and after.
Then, it’s recipe time. And we’ve loaded this issue with super-healthy ones.
We start off with a hearty Baked Eggplant Parmigiana over Whole Wheat Noodles. You get all the deliciousness of the traditional recipe, with the added benefit of heart-healthy oats and fiber-rich, whole-wheat noodles. All for a PointsPlus® value per serving of 11.
Love Asian flavors? Then don’t miss our flavor-rich Ginger-Garlic Chicken Stir-Fry with Rice. Made with lean chicken, fresh veggies, and a piquant sauce, this light delicious main course is both exotic and easy and comes with a PointsPlus® value per serving of only 7.
And here’s a breakfast recipe that you can make once and enjoy all week. Our Bulgur and Oat Hot Cereal with Fruit combines healthy grains with maple syrup and delicious dried and fresh fruit. And all for a PointsPlus® value per serving of only 5.
Happy workouts and happy eating. If you don't already have a meeting at your location, call me today to find out how to get one started.
If you would like to sign up for Weight Watchers free healthy newsletter, to come directly to your inbox, click on the link below.
About the Program
- Join Weight Watchers®You have the option of joining Weight Watchers at Work®or you can attend traditional community meetings.
- You can select any payment option, but you must attend weekly sessions (online and at-home programs are not eligible for reimbursement). If you choose to participate in Weight Watchers at work you are able to attend weekly meetings at one of our Lakeside campuses, access to free eTools, and other membership benefits via our specialized employee portal. Current Weight Watchers who current use the portal will need to CANCEL their account BEFORE LOGGING ONTO THE LOYOLA WEB PORTAL (history can be kept). Contact Customer Service to cancel 866-204-2885 for assistance. If you wish to sign up through Loyola University Chicago:
Employee Portal URL: https://wellness.weightwatchers.com/
Company ID is: 8622
Company Passcode is: WW8622
- Employees who sign-up for a Weight Watchers Monthly Pass via our online portal will receive a special rate of $35.95 for 12 months based on attendance and $17.95 for Weight Watchers®Online.
- Employees are eligible for reimbursement for Weight Watchers® monthly membership cost up to $200.00 per calendar year. You will use our new Weight Watchers®form to track your attendance and have it certified by a Weight Watchers Representative.
- Attend meetings for a three-month series: January 1 through March 30, April 1 through June 30, July 1 through September 30 and October 1 through December 31. You can receive reimbursement at the end of each three-month series if you attend 80% of 12 consecutive meetings during the series.
- Your form must be received in Human Resources within 31 days of the end of the series in order to receive reimbursement. Late forms will not be processed.
*The reimbursement cost of a Weight Watchers® – type program is a Taxable Fringe Benefit that is considered taxable income by the Internal Revenue Service. Your reimbursement will be received via check however the amount reimbursed will be included as taxable income on your paycheck. All reimbursement request disbursed in 2014 will count towards the 2014 maximum reimbursement amount of $200.00.
Weight Watchers Work Meetings
We have Weight Watcher's Lunchtime programs on 2 campuses. In order to keep the Weight Watchers at Work meetings we must have steady membership at our weekly meetings. We highly encourage current At Work participants to continuously attend the weekly meetings and spread the word if you wish to keep the convenience of on campus meetings.
Lake Shore Campus:
- Location:Lakeshore Damen Student Center, room 214 - 6511 N. Sheridan Rd
- Mondays-Meeting:11:45 - 12:45 pm
Health Sciences Division:
- Location: Maguire Center - 2160 S. 1st Ave, Maywood, IL - Lower Level 0089
- Wednesdays (2 Meetings) Weigh In: 11:30am, Meeting at 12pm. 2 Weigh-In at 12:30pm, Meeting at 1pm.
Last Updated: 1.29.14