Incoming First Year Honors Students
Get all the information you need for registration for Fall 2014!
1. If you have not done so already, register for the on-campus Orientation session scheduled for August 20 and 21, 2014. Please note that you will register for your courses from home in early June, prior to orientation.
2. Take your Math and/or Foreign Language Placement tests before registering for fall courses. The tests can be accessed on the Orientation Preparation website.
- The Math Placement Test is required to register for most math, science, and business courses. Have a quiet space and calculator ready!
3. Complete the Advising Assessment Form by May 9, 2014 . Once you complete the form, an advisor will contact you via email within two weeks with a list of recommended courses for the fall. If you missed the deadline, please complete the assessment as soon as possible.
4. Watch the videos below for information about the Honors program and other helpful information.
5. Visit the Technology RoadMap website to learn how to navigate LOCUS, email, etc. at Loyola.
6. Participate in the Honors Registration Webinar on May 29, 2014 at 6:00PM, CST.
7. Register for your classes from home. Registration will open on Monday, June 2, 2014 and will close on June 13, 2014. Registration will re-open July 1 - July 11, 2014 for those students who need to make changes to their schedule due to AP or IB credits.
Helpful Videos and Links
- The Transitioning to College video highlights some important information about your transition to Loyola; including credit hours, advisors, and your first semester schedule
- Select this video to learn about the Honors program and curriculum
- If you are expecting AP/IB/CLEP or college transfer credits, stay tuned for a new video to learn about Loyola's policies.
- Watch this video to learn about UNIV 101 - the 1 credit hour, required class for all first year students.
Schedule Builder: Use this to help you keep track of when your classes will meet.
Registration Self Audit: Please complete this checklist once you have finished registering for your fall courses.
We look forward to working with you!
Aminatu Rubango and Jane Lennon