Incoming First Year Honors Students
Get all the information you need for registration for Fall 2016!
1. If you have not done so already, register for the on-campus Orientation session scheduled for July 11 and 12, 2016. Please note that you will register for your courses from home in early June, prior to orientation.
2. Learn about the Math Placement process and take your Foreign Language Placement test before registering for fall courses. The tests can be accessed on the Orientation Preparation website.
3. Complete the Advising Assessment Form by May 6, 2016. Once you complete the form, an advisor will contact you via email within two weeks with a list of recommended courses for the fall. If you missed the deadline, please complete the assessment as soon as possible.
4. Explore the helpful links below for information about the Honors program and other helpful information.
5. Visit the Technology RoadMap website to learn how to navigate LOCUS, email, etc. at Loyola.
6. Listen to a recording of the live Honors Registration Webinar that took place on May 26, 2016 at 6:00PM, CST.
7. Confirm with the College Board Grade Reporting Services and/or your previous institution that you have sent all of your AP, IB, and transfer credit information to the Office of Registration and Records before June 24, 2016. Loyola’s institution code is 1412 and students hoping to transfer credit from an institution must complete the following requirements by visiting this website.
7. Register for your classes from home. Registration will open on Monday, May 30, 2016 at 8:00AM, CST and will close on June 10, 2016 at 11:59PM, CST. On-campus registration will re-open during Orientation for students in the Interdisciplinary Honors Program July 11-12, 2016.
Helpful Videos and Links
The Transitioning to College video highlights some important information about your transition to Loyola; including credit hours, advisors, and your first semester schedule
Review this website to learn about the Honors program and curriculum
If you are expecting AP/IB/CLEP or college transfer credits, make sure to visit this website.
Watch this video to learn about UNIV 101 - the 1 credit hour, required class for all first year students.
Schedule Builder: Use this to help you keep track of when your classes will meet.
We look forward to working with you!
Aminatu Rubango, Stephanie Sferra Bassill and Annie Kelly