Incoming First Year Honors Students
Incoming First Year Honors Students Webpage
Get all the information you need for registration for Fall 2017!
1. If you have not done so already, register for the on-campus Orientation session scheduled for July 10 and 11, 2017. Please note that you will register for your courses from home in early June, prior to orientation. If you are unable to register for the July date, we ask that you register for the orientation scheduled for August 23 and 24, 2017.
2. Learn about the Math Placement process and take your Foreign Language Placement test before registering for fall courses. The tests can be accessed on the Orientation Preparation website.
3. Complete the Advising Intake Form by May 8, 2017. Once you complete the form, an advisor will contact you via email within two weeks with a list of recommended courses for the fall. If you missed the deadline, please complete the assessment as soon as possible.
4. Explore the helpful links below for information about the Honors program and other helpful information.
5. Visit the Technology RoadMap website to learn how to navigate LOCUS, email, etc. at Loyola.
6. View the Honors Registration Webinar between May 22, 2017 and May 30, 2017. If you have specific questions, please participate in one of the 2 hour Live Q&A with Your Honors Academic Advisor on:
May 24, 2017 at 11:30AM
May 25, 2017 at 5:00PM
May 30, 2017 at 3:00PM
7. Confirm with the College Board Grade Reporting Services and/or your previous institution that you have sent all of your AP, IB, and transfer credit information to the Office of Registration and Records before June 26, 2017. Loyola’s institution code is 1412 and students hoping to transfer credit from an institution must complete the following requirements by visiting this website.
8. Register for your classes from home. Registration will open on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 and will close on June 7, 2017. On-campus registration will re-open during Orientation for students in the Interdisciplinary Honors Program July 10-11, 2017.
Helpful Videos and Links
- The Transitioning to College video highlights some important information about your transition to Loyola; including credit hours, advisors, and your first semester schedule
- Review this website to learn about the Honors program and curriculum
- If you are expecting AP/IB or college transfer credits, make sure to visit this website.
- Watch this video to learn about UNIV 101 - the 1 credit hour, required class for all first year students.
Schedule Builder: Use this to help you keep track of when your classes will meet.
We look forward to working with you!
Stephanie Sferra Bassill and Amanda Martinez