History Blogging Contest
The 2016-2017 History Blogging and Vlogging Contest, sponsored by the Department of History, gives undergraduate students the opportunity to gain recognition for excellence. Students whose entries are judged to merit awards by the History Department faculty will be eligible for prizes: 1st prize, $150; 2nd prize, $100.
- Any current undergraduate student at Loyola University of Chicago is eligible to enter.
- The blog or vlog should deal with a historical theme or topic; internship in an archive, museum, or history-oriented institution; or a subject of current or general interest. Any blog or vlog created for an undergraduate history course at Loyola in 2016 or 2017 is eligible.
- Students should submit the URL for their blog or vlog via firstname.lastname@example.org. The following information should be included in the e-mail submission: title, author's name and permanent address, course for which the blog or vlog was created, and semester in which the blog or vlog was created.
- Students who participated in a group vlog for a history class are also eligible to enter the contest. They should submit the URLS for five (5) of their best blogs for consideration.
- Blogs and vlogs will be judged on the basis of content and style. To qualify for an award, the entry must be accurate in grammar and/or spelling and must be clear in its organization and presentation.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: APRIL 2, 2017 at 11:59 PM to the History Department via email to email@example.com.
A committee of faculty reviews entries and decides the winners of the History Blogging and Vlogging Contest.
For further information, please contact any member of the faculty of the Department of History or firstname.lastname@example.org.