History Blogging Contest
**Submissions for the 2014 contest have now closed. Please check back again next year!**
2014 History Blogging Contest
The History Blogging Contest, sponsored by the Department of History, gives undergraduate students the opportunity to gain recognition for excellence. Students whose entries are judged to merit awards by the History Department faculty will be eligible for cash prizes: 1st prize, $150; 2nd prize, $100. Seniors will be recognized at the Awards Program for the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Any current undergraduate student at Loyola University Chicago is eligible to enter the contest.
- The blog should deal with a historical theme or topic; internship in an archive, museum, or history-oriented institution; or a subject of current or general interest. Any blog created for an undergraduate history course at Loyola in Fall 2013 or Spring 2014 is eligible.
- Students should submit the URL for their blog via firstname.lastname@example.org. The following information should be included in the e-mail submission: title, author's name and permanent address, course for which the blog was created, and semester in which the blog was written.
- Students who participated in a group blog for a history class are also eligible to enter the contest. They should submit the URLS for five (5) of their best blog entries for consideration.
- Blogs will be judged on the basis of content and style. To qualify for an award, the entry must be accurate in grammar and spelling and must be clear in its organization and presentation.
- Entries must be submitted no later than March 11, 2014, to the History Department at the Lake Shore Campus (Crown Center 503). Winning blogs will be announced during the last week of classes.
COMMITTEE OF JUDGES
The judges of this year’s competition will be Professors Theresa Gross-Diaz, John Pincince, and Kyle Roberts.
For further information, please contact any member of the faculty of the Department of History or the secretary of the department at LSC.