Student scholarships are the top fundraising priority at the University. With the cost to educate students growing and government aid to higher education shrinking, there is a critical need for increased scholarship support.
- 96 percent of incoming freshmen receive financial assistance
- 95 percent of financial assistance is funded by the University
- 7 percent of financial assistance is funded through endowments, gifts, and grants
- Tuition covers only 71 percent of what it costs to education a Loyola student
- One-third of Loyola undergrads are the first in their families to attend college
The University has launched "Access to Excellence: The Campaign for Scholarships" to raise $80 million to support generations of future Loyola students. The campaign includes gift-matching opportunities.
Donations to scholarships can be made to support the general student population or specific schools or programs.
The need is great. The opportunity to change someone's life is real.