Loyola University Chicago

Giving to Loyola

Cash wire and securities transfer instructions

Thank you for your interest in supporting Loyola University Chicago through a gift of cash or securities.

For cash wire instructions

Please contact our Annual Giving Office toll-free at 800.424.1513 or at annualgiving@LUC.edu for instructions on executing a wire transfer. We will ensure that the gift will be properly received and that it will be directed to the proper area you wish to support. We will need the donor's name, the gift designation, and the bank's or broker's name, if applicable. As always, thank you for your support of Loyola.

Print-friendly Cash Wire Transfer Instructions

For securities (held by your broker) instructions

If your broker holds the securities, instruct your broker to transfer the shares electronically to Loyola. For more information, contact the Office of Gift Planning by phone at 312.915.6424 or by email at plannedgiving@LUC.edu.

For securities (held by you) instructions

If you hold securities in certificate form, you will need to sign a stock power form for each certificate you contribute. You can obtain a stock power form from your broker or from the Office of Gift Planning by phone at 312.915.6424 or by email at plannedgiving@LUC.edu.

When mailing the certificates, use two envelopes. In the first envelope, place the unendorsed certificates along with a brief letter of instruction that includes your name, name of the stock(s) and the number of shares to be donated and how you would like your gift to be used. In the second envelope, place the completed stock power(s). Send them to us on the same day via first-class mail.

Our address is:

Loyola University Chicago
Office of Gift Planning
820 N. Michigan Avenue, Suite 1711
Chicago, IL 60611

Please contact us to let us know that your gift is in progress.

Your gift date is the postmark date of the later envelope. Your gift amount is the average of the high and low price of your stock gift on that date.

For mutual funds

Please contact the Office of Gift Planning for information about making a gift of mutual fund shares, closely held stock, or other forms of stock ownership. Call 312.915.6804 for more information.