***The Standards Conference that's generally held in the Fall has been postponed until 2015, due to our year long Celebration of our 10th Anniversary of Service to Catholic Educators and now newly named Andrew M. Greeley Center for Catholic Education ("GCCE") ***
“Advancing the National Catholic School Standards: Celebration, Growth, and Accountability”
November 6-7, 2013
Loyola University Chicago Water Tower Campus
NCEA Members $375.00
Non-NCEA Members $425.00
Co-sponsored by: Center for Catholic School Effectiveness, Loyola University Chicago, the Barbara and Patrick Roche Center for Catholic Education, Boston College and the National Catholic Educational Association
Have you heard about the National Standards and Benchmarks for Effective Catholic Elementary and Secondary Schools Standards (NSBECS) and want to learn more? Are you thinking about how the Standards and Benchmarks could work for you? Do you wonder what it would take to use them to jump start planning and growth in your school or diocese? Would you like to know more about what’s happening across the country as schools and dioceses are beginning to use the Standards and Benchmarks for improvement planning, marketing, and accreditation? During this two-day conference, participants will join Catholic school colleagues from across the country along with authors and leaders of the Catholic School Standards Project to delve into this landmark documents and gain hands-on experience with important tools and resources for implementation at the local level.
Come to Chicago’s Magnificent Mile. Bring a partner or school team and leave the conference ready to:
- Give informed answers to the questions “What?”, “So what?” and “Why now?” about the NSBECS for all stakeholder groups.
- Identify and explain key concepts and foundational principles and practices at the heart of the Standards and Benchmarks in each Domain.
- Share concrete examples of implementing the Standards at the school level, diocesan level, and for accreditation.
- Access national initiatives and resources to help your Catholic school use the NSBECS for school improvement, professional development, capacity building, and formation.
- Draft a plan and get feedback for moving forward at your school and/or in your diocese.
* Conference Essential Questions:
- Why should schools and dioceses pay attention to the standards and benchmarks?
- What does it mean to be “on the road to excellence” based on the Standards and Benchmarks?
- What are good strategies schools and dioceses can use to make sure the benchmarks are attainable?
- How do schools define performance measures for the benchmarks and build them into school improvement plans?
The Website will be updated as information becomes available