FACHEX - FAQs
- What is the FACHEX Program?
FACHEX is an acronym for Faculty and Staff Children Exchange Program. It was established by the Conference of the Academic Vice Presidents of the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities (AJCU) in 1971 and has continued under the sponsorship of the Conference to the present time. It is an undergraduate tuition remission program for children of full-time faculty, administration and staff of the participating schools. It permits children eligible for tuition at the home school to receive the same benefit from 25 other schools.
- Who is eligible?
Eligibility requirements are determined by the home school. The general principle is: If the home school grants a full-tuition remission to the child, then the child is eligible for FACHEX benefits. The student must satisfy the receiving school's standards for admission before seeking qualification for the FACHEX program.
- What expenses does FACHEX cover?
FACHEX benefits remit the payment of tuition only. Students participating in the program are expected to pay all fees and room and board charges assigned by the receiving school. Generally, the tuition remission pertains to regular sessions only. Under certain circumstances, the receiving school may grant waivers for summer session tuition. Also, the benefits pertain to full-time students only. It is up to the receiving school to determine whether it will be more liberal than the terms listed above.
- How many FACHEX spots does each school hold?
Each participating school determines the number of FACHEX scholarships it will grant to incoming students each year. There is no guarantee that a faculty or staff member's child will be able to use the FACHEX benefit at the school of their choice. For more information on the number of FACHEX scholarships available at a particular school, contact that school's FACHEX coordinator. No participating school is obligated to accept more than three tuition-free students over the number it sends to other participating schools each year.
- How do I apply for the FACHEX program?
- The student applies to the participating school(s) of his/her choice.
- The parent informs the FACHEX coordinator at his/her home school of the participating school(s) to which his/her child has applied.
- The coordinator notifies the receiving school(s) of the student's FACHEX eligibility.
- After admission decisions have been made, the FACHEX coordinator at each participating school informs eligible students whether they will be offered FACHEX scholarships.