Loyola University Chicago

Fellowship Office

Division of Student Academic Services

Campus Partners

The Fellowship Office has several campus partners who can help students find funding and research opportunities, as follows:

Financial Aid Office

Diversity: The Financial Aid Office is the central information resource on scholarships for underrepresented students.  Students are strongly encouraged to view the information on the FAO website first, and to speak to a Financial Aid advisor.  Further, the FAO is partnered with the Student Diversity and Multicultural Affairs Office (SDMA) and the Fellowship Office, to provide further guidance.  Underrepresented students should contact SDMA for support services, including academic planning and mentorship.  Students should also refer to the Fellowship Office for information on certain upcoming scholarships, deadlines, and specific ways to put together a competitive application. 

Student Diversity & Multicultural Affairs

Study Abroad Office

Given the international nature of most fellowships and scholarships, it is highly recommended that you contact the Office of International Programs and Study Abroad Office early in your educational career.  Students interested in applying for either a Gilman Scholarship or Boren Scholarship are especially encouraged to contact the Study Abroad Office.

Loyola Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (LUROP)

LUROP administers all Loyola undergraduate research programs, which are designed to “enrich, enhance, diversify and individualize the learning experiences of our undergraduate students”. These experiences represent far more than a credential to add to resume, because they will help you to think more critically, to formulate new research ideas, and write in more informed ways when preparing proposals. LUROP is part of the Center for Experiential Learning.

Center for Experiential Learning

This office works with service learning, internships, and community-based projects.

Graduate School

The Fellowship Office is happy to assist graduate students (especially with regard to all Fulbright applications). However, graduate students should first seek information from Jessica Horowitz, Assistant Dean of the Graduate School, at the following contact information:

Dr. Jessica Horowitz, PhD
Associate Dean for Student Services
Granada Center, Room 432
Phone: 773.508.2476

Graduate students who choose to apply for a major award, such as a Fulbright, NSF/GRFP or other awards, may be eligible to apply for a Research Incentive Award for Graduate Students, much like the FIG awards for which undergraduates may apply.