In collaboration with DePaul University, Loyola offers regular workshops throughout the academic year on topics related to the assessment of student learning. Faculty, staff, and graduate students can take these workshops individually or as part of the Assessment Certificate Program. If you would like to suggest a workshop topic or are interested in co-presenting a workshop, please visit http://acp.depaultla.org/get-involved/.
Upcoming Assessment Workshops
- September 16th (10:00 - 11:30 am): Introduction to Assessment at Loyola (Online Webinar)
- October 17th (10:00 – 11:30 am): Writing and Revising Learning Outcomes (Loyola-410 Cuneo Hall)
- October 24th (1:00 – 2:30 pm): Writing and Revising Learning Outcomes (DePaul Loop Campus)
- November 14th (10:00 – 11:30 am): Direct vs. Indirect Assessment (DePaul Lincoln Park Campus)
- November 18th (1:00 – 2:30 pm): Direct vs. Indirect Assessment (Loyola-Water Tower Campus)
- December 5th (1:00 – 2:30 pm): Quantitative Data Analysis (DePaul Loop Campus)
- December 9th (10:00 – 11:30 am): Quantitative Data Analysis (Loyola-410 Cuneo Hall)
- January 16th (10:00 – 11:30 am): Qualitative Data Analysis (DePaul Lincoln Park Campus)
We will also post this schedule on the FCIP calendar and provide specific location information as it becomes available. To sign up for a workshop(s), please click on the workshop title above or visit http://acp.depaultla.org/workshops/. If you encounter any problems with registering for a workshop(s) or have any questions, please contact Shannon Milligan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Materials From Previous Workshops
Developing a Comprehensive Assessment Plan (co-presented with DePaul staff in March 2014)
Writing Effective Learning Outcomes (Fall 2014 FOTL)
Writing Effective Learning Outcomes (Presentation Slides)
Assessment Certificate Program
The purpose of the assessment certificate program is to provide resources and support to faculty and staff engaging in the assessment of student learning. This program is a collaboration between academic affairs and student affairs at DePaul University and Loyola University Chicago. All faculty, staff, and graduate students at both institutions are eligible to participate in individual workshops and/or the certificate program. Workshops will be offered in both face-to-face and online media. Through this program, we aim to enhance collaborations and share expertise across universities as well as across the curricular and co-curricular domains.