Nominations for the Faculty Member of Year Award
Each year Faculty Council selects a faculty member to be honored as “Faculty Member of the Year.” You're invited to participate in the selection process by nominating a candidate for this prestigious award. The recipient receives a $2,000 honorarium and is honored with a plaque at the September Faculty Convocation. We will work during the summer to select our Faculty Member of the Year.
General guidelines for the selection of the Faculty Member of the Year:
- A well-established individual who demonstrates a balance in the areas of teaching, research/scholarly activity, and service.
- An individual whose contributions as a Loyola are consistent with the mission of Loyola University Chicago.
- An excellent role model for students and faculty.
- Previous recipients of the award (a list is available on Faculty Council’s website)
- Faculty members who are retiring or leaving the University at the end of this academic year
- Administrators who hold faculty rank.
Nominators are responsible for submitting the following materials:
- Nomination form is available on the Faculty Council website
- One-page statement of support for the nominee
- The candidate’s curriculum vita
- One-page statement from the candidate on how he/she perceives their role as a Loyola faculty member
- Letter of support from a University colleague commenting, for example, on the collegiality of the candidate, his/her impact on the University, and/or other outstanding personal characteristics
- Outside letter of support commenting on the significance of the candidate’s research
The deadline for receipt of these materials is May 15, 2015.
Nomination materials should be sent to:
Nicholas A. Lash, PhD
Chair, Faculty Council Service Committee
Professor of Finance
562 Maguire Hall, WTC