General Rules of the Undergraduate Program
- Transfer students who wish to have transferred credit count towards the major should consult the director of undergraduate programs in English. At least six of the 12 courses required for the major must be taken at Loyola.
- Any grade below C- in an English course will not count towards the major. A student who receives such a grade must either repeat the course (if it is a required course such as English 326) or take another course that fills the requirement.
- An English major is allowed only one grade below C- in an English course. A student receiving a second grade below C- may be dropped from the major.
- An English major must maintain at least a 2.0 average in English in order to continue in the major.
- The University Core Requirement in Literary Knowledge is satisfied by the major sequence of courses.