Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology
Nickecia Alder, MA, EdM (enrolled 2012)
- Hometown: Queens, NY
- Ethnicity: African American, Guyanese heritage
- Clinical Interests: outreach and preventive interventions with at-risk children and youth from urban settings, couple and family therapy, underrepresented college students
- Research Interests: racial identity development in African American youth, spiritual well-being as it relates to psychological well-being in African Americans, resilience among urban youth, factors that foster or inhibit academic success in urban youth, family dynamics and structure in relation to identity development,
- Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Daniel Camacho, MS (enrolled 2012)
- Hometown: Croton-on-Hudson,NY
- Ethnicity: Cuban & Caucasian (bi-racial)
- Clinical Interests: Outreach and preventative interventions with youth in urban schools, school counseling
- Research Interests: School-based programs that impact the social, emotional, and academic well-being of urban youth
- Contact Info: email@example.com
Angela Clawson, MA (enrolled 2012)
- Hometown: Westlake, OH
- Clinical Interests: working with children and families, individuals in the LGBTQ community, college students, and grief counseling; practicing within an empowerment/systemic model; use of mindfulness techniques in therapy
- Research Interests: identity formation, racial socialization experiences, exploring resilience in oppression and ways to strengthen resilience in marginalized populations (particularly youth), development of critical consciousness, expression/communication of empathy in the counseling environment, and acculturation and enculturation processes.
- Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Manual Salgado, MSE (enrolled 2012)
- Hometown: Elk Grove Village, IL
- Ethnicity: Mexican American
- Clinical interest: Immigrants’ and Latino psychological well-being; acculturative stress with undocumented youth; College and university counseling
- Research interest: Culturally centered psychological well-being scale for Latino students; Academic persistence and achievement of Latino and African American youth; Mental health impact, access, and quality of service of undocumented clients; Acculturation and enculturation process
- Contact info: email@example.com
Kristen Adams MEd (enrolled 2011)
- Hometown: Ridgefield, CT
- Clinical Interests: Adults, college counseling, underserved populations
- Research Interests: Social identity development, social class, issues of poverty, multicultural training and cultural competence, the therapeutic process
- Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fatma Aydin, MA (enrolled 2011)
- Hometown: Istanbul, Turkey
- Clinical Interests: Working with college student populations; outreach, preventative and psychoeducational interventions for underserved and marginalized groups; group therapy
- Research Interests: Subjective experiences of and issues related to social class; critical consciousness development of adolescents, young adults, and counselors in training; effectiveness of multicultural counseling training; at-risk youth and subjective well being
- Contact info: email@example.com
Michael Knoll, MA (enrolled 2011)
- Hometown: Stillwater, MN
- Clinical Interests: Adolescents and adults in correctional and hospital settings, prevention/intervention for at-risk youth, anxiety disorders
- Research Interests: Well-being in urban youth, spirituality, therapist resiliency, masculinity
- Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathleen Kordesh, MS (enrolled 2011)
- Hometown: Oak Park, IL
- Ethnicity/nationality: White
- Clinical interests: Children, adolescents, and adults
- Research interests: White racial attitudes, the role of affect in White individuals racial attitudes, White antiracism, social identities (including race, gender, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, ability, and language), multicultural education and teaching
- Contact info: email@example.com
Andrea (Annie) Carr, M.Ed. (enrolled 2010)
- Hometown-Schererville, IN
- Ethnicity/nationality - Caucasian
- Clinical interests - Adolescents
- Research interests - Career and Vocational Psychology and School Counseling
- Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chih-Ting Chang, M.Ed. (enrolled 2010)
- Hometown: Taipei, Taiwan
- Clinical Interests: Working with immigrant populations, trauma survivors, and at-risk adolescents in urban settings
- Research Interests: Research methodologies, processes of enculturation and acculturation, resilience in urban youth and social-cultural contexts in clinical practice
- Contact info: email@example.com
Gihane Jėrėmie-Brink, M.A. (enrolled 2010)
- Hometown: Waltham, MA
- Ethnicity: Haitian American
- Clinical Interests: Treatment of trauma, grief and PTSD in adolescents and adults; immigrant populations; group and family therapy; outreach and preventive interventions with at-risk youth in urban settings
- Research Interests: Racial and ethnic identity development; racial socialization of youth in the African American and Black immigrant populations; gendered racial socialization of African American women and adolescent girls; effects of oppression on the psychological and subjective well-being of marginalized populations; coping and resilience; acculturation and enculturation process
- Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer Moulton, M.Ed. (enrolled 2009)
- Hometown: Temecula, CA
- Clinical Interests: Adults in college and community settings, prevention and outreach, and people living with HIV/AIDS.
- Reearch Interests: Biracial identity development, mind/body awareness in therapeutic practice as well as a method of prevention, and issues related to HIV/AIDS, such as psychological adjustment to major diagnoses, factors related to medical adherence, and prevention.
- Contact info: email@example.com
Megan Polanin, M.A. (enrolled 2009)
Hometown: New Albany, IN
Clinical Interests: Outreach & preventive interventions with urban children and adolescents of low-socioeconomic status.
Research Interests: familial and peer factors related to youth subjective well-being and academic achievement; effective prevention programming within urban public schools; resilience among urban youth; positive psychology curriculum.
Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kia-Rai M. Prewitt, M.A., L.P.C. (enrolled 2009)
- Hometown: Richton Park, IL
- Clinical Interests: Prevention and outreach for adolescents of color, underrepresented college students and their families.
- Research Interests: Variables that contribute to the retention and graduation of underrepresented college students; career development and aspirations of African American children; positive identity development of African American children.
- Contact info: email@example.com
Toussaint D. Whetstone, M.A. (enrolled 2009)
- Hometown: Belvidere, IL
- Clinical Interest: College student population, mentally ill adults, treatment of interracial couples and families.
- Research Interests: Racial identity development, racial socialization of biracial children, interracial family dynamics, self-concept in African American males as fostered or inhibited by family and educational systems, spiritual well-being as it relates to self-efficacy beliefs in oppressed populations.
- Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Katie Doud, M.A. (enrolled 2008)
- Hometown: Lincoln, NE
- Clinical Interests: Working with at-risk adolescents, anxiety disorders and survivors of interpersonal violence and sexual assault
- Research Interests: Adolescent females’ identity development, protective factors for urban adolescent youth that aid students staying in school and intimate partner violence and sexual assault prevention
- Contact info: email@example.com
Jason Hacker, M.A. (enrolled 2008)
- Hometown: Raleigh, NC
- Clinical Interests: College and university populations, adolescents, children, outreach, psychosocial education, and group therapy
- Research Interests: The factors that contribute to positive career outcomes especially for traditionally under-served populations. Measurement design in the areas of career development and multiculturalism. Individual and socialization factors that contribute to the development of a cultural identity.
- Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Amber Hewitt, M.A. (enrolled 2008)
- Hometown: Shreveport, LA
- Clinical Interests: children and adolescents living in urban settings; prevention and outreach; family therapy
- Research interests: racial identity development; resilience among urban adolescents; the effects of violence and oppression on psychological well-being; double consciousness and the invisibility syndrome of African American males; stereotypical roles of African American males
- Contact info: email@example.com
Kristen Lamp, MA (enrolled 2007)
- Hometown: St. Paul, MN
- Research Interests: racial identity development, career development, well-being, and contextual influences on these processes
- Clinical interests: adults presenting in university and medical settings, trauma
- Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Isabel Moallem (enrolled 2006)
Hometown: Silver Spring, MD
Clinical Interests: College students, families.
Research Interests: Impact of school belonging on academic persistence and achievement, subjective well-being, ethnic identity development among adolescents.
Contact Info: BMoalle@luc.edu