Certification in Behavior Intervention Specialist
To be eligible for the LBSII Behavior Intervention Specialist Endorsement, students must hold an Illinois LBSI teaching certificate.
The State of Illinois Behavior Intervention Specialist endorsement requires 18 semester hours (4 courses and 2 practicum). Certificate program course requirements may be modified only by departmentally approved equivalents. All 18 semester hours must be taken at Loyola.
Students in certification only programs are required to maintain the status of continuous enrollment during their program of studies. This means that during each semester of each academic year (excluding Summer Sessions), each student must enroll in at least one course. (See SOE Policy: Academic Standing - Continuous Enrollment)
A formal leave of absence may be granted upon request and the approval of the School of Education’s Associate Dean of Student Academic Services.
Candidates in all programs leading to Illinois certification are required to pass a State Criminal Background Check. In addition, all policies and procedures for receiving Illinois certification must be met.
- CIEP 431 - Three Tier Prevention: Advanced Primary Supports
- CIEP 432 - Three Tier Prevention: Secondary and Tertiary Supports
- CIEP 433 - Self Determination: Self-Management and Transition Planning
- RMTD 422 - Single-Subject Design
- CIEP 434 - Practicum I: Consultation and Collaboration - School Personnel
- CIEP 435 - Practicum II: Consultation and Collaboration - Family and Community