Unity in Diversity
The Unity in Diversity Fund, originally called the Arrupe-King Fund, is a fund established in honor of Rev. Pedro Arrupe, S.J., and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Father Arrupe was elected the 28th Superior General of the Jesuits in 1965 and was known for his dedication to the cause of social justice in his religious life. Martin Luther King, Jr. was a civil rights activist who fought for the freedom, equality and dignity of people of all races.
The Unity in Diversity Fund is intended to support and cultivate educational events, programs, activities and educational opportunities that specifically address social justice and human diversity programming for the Loyola community (students, faculty and staff). Through this exciting opportunity, the university aims to consolidate and advance multicultural education and to increase the overall campus climate for diversity.
Unity in Diversity Funds
Unity in Diversity Funds are available to Loyola departments, faculty, and student organizations to sponsor creative diversity and social justice programs and projects at Loyola University Chicago.
Application and Application Process
- Select the appropriate deadline for your program or event. You must choose the deadline that allows at least 6 weeks for the processing of paperwork.
- Fill out a SDMA Contract or SDMA Contract Rider AND W-9 Form for each speaker, performer, etc. that you plan to bring on campus. Make sure that their signatures are on the contracts and W-9 Forms.
- Collect recent quotes specifically for your upcoming event from ALL of your vendors.
- Fill out the Unity in Diversity Fund Proposal Form on Orgsync and submit by 5:00 P.M. on the submission deadline (see below).
- Completed applications will be reviewed by the Department of Student Diversity & Multicultural Affairs the week following the deadline.
- Decisions will be sent out 1–2 weeks from the deadline.
|Fall 2014||Spring 2015||Summer 2015|
Friday, September 19
Friday, January 23
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com or at 773-508-3909.