Brothers for Excellence (B4E)
Brothers for Excellence (B4E) Mentor Program
The mission of Brothers for Excellence is to provide support and encouragement to Men of Color through facilitated mentoring relationships with male faculty and staff of color. The objective is to help students achieve success in all areas of their life and satisfaction as members of the Loyola University Chicago community. In connection with our Jesuit tradition, the program seeks to provide care for the entire person “cura personalis” as we guide, support, and challenge our Men of Color as they engage with the different academic and social aspects they will encounter at Loyola University Chicago.
The Brothers for Excellence Program is a one year mentorship program designed for first year undergraduate and transfer male students of color. Students will be matched with a male faculty or staff member. The program will assist Men of Color in creating a foundation on Loyola's campus through: opportunities for leadership and personal identity development, connecting students to university-wide resources and people, creating unity among participants, and ultimately supporting the educational and personal success of Men of Color.
- Explore academic and personal resources, as well as student organizations, that will provide avenues for success, awareness, and comfort within their surroundings at the University.
- Develop self-awareness about intersecting identities and discover passions and interests that relate to social and academic goals.
- Identify opportunities to engage with others on campus to create meaningful relationships with students, student groups, mentors, staff, and faculty members to thrive within a supportive community.
- In the spirit of Loyola’s transformative four year experience, the Men of Color will be active and engaged participants within their curricular and co-curricular lives.
- The Men of Color will expand and develop knowledge and understanding of diverse and global views, to encourage critical analysis and reflection of the environments and issues that surround them.
Join the Brothers for Excellence Program for the 2017–2018 academic year!
APPLY HERE: https://orgsync.com/72155/forms/262024
To join and for more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org