Thank you for visiting the Technology Check webpage. This page provides resources and steps to verify that your computer is ready for participating in an online courses.
Adobe Connect Diagnostic Test
Adobe has created a tool to test your computer for compatibility with Adobe Connect. To begin this test, visit the Adobe Connect Diagnostic Test page. This page will include the following resources:
- Verify if Adobe Flash Player is present and up-to-date
- Verify establishing a connection to Adobe Connect
- Verify your Connection Speed Test
- Verify if the Adobe Connect Add-In is present on your browser
Internet Browser Check
To learn more about your browser, visit WhatIsMyBrowser.com. This website will automatically detect and provide necessary information on several components and features required for online learning including:
- What is your browser and is it up-to-date? This is critical to ensure you have the latest version and updates from your browser for security and to ensure all features are current.
- Are cookies enabled? Cookies are a collection of temporary internet files (a cache) stored on your browser to speed up load times.
- Is Adobe Flash Installed? Adobe Flash is used in several synchronous, streaming, screensharing and multimedia courses and materials. This is required in order to use tools such as Adobe Connect.
- Is Java installed? Java is used in several synchronous, streaming, screensharing and multimedia courses and materials.
Download Internet Browsers
To manually update or download supported browsers, follow these instructions and links:
|Browser||Update to Latest Version||Download Latest Version|
|Microsoft Internet Explorer||To turn on automatic upgrades:
|Mozilla Firefox||By default, Firefox is set to automatically update itself. To check for updates manually:
The About Mozilla Firefox window will open, check and download updates automatically.
If there are updates, after they have been downloaded, click Restart Firefox to Update.
|Apple Safari||By default, Mac applications including Safari get updates automatically through the App Store.
To install updates manually, click on the App Store badge icon to select Update.
|Google Chrome||By default, Chrome is set to automatically update itself. To check for updates manually: