What is Adobe Connect?
Adobe Connect was adopted by Loyola for the purposes of providing the university community with a web conferencing solution for conducting synchronous online classes and meetings. It allows for flexibility in delivering rich content including streaming audio, video, and slide show presentations. The application also offers many tools for collaboration such as whiteboarding, document sharing, and live polling. Uploaded content is maintained for future meetings and sessions can be recorded for later viewing.
For more information on using Adobe Connect, you may navigate using the menu on the left to visit these resources:
What's New in Adobe Connect 9.4
The upgrade to Adobe Connect 9.4 from version 9.0.4 occurred on in the morning on Monday, June 29th, 2015. This latest release will provide many new enhancements and fixes to this system. Faculty and students are not required to change anything. A list of several features and updates includes the following:
Improved Meeting Experience
- Connect Add-In Compatibility patch for improvements for usage with Google Chrome Browser.
- Screen Sharing Enhancements - preview of windows applications and mini control panel in bottom-corner when screen share enabled. Using this control panel will allow the chat notifications and a mini chat window to appear, no longer requiring a user to switch back to the meeting room to view chat messages.
- New WhiteBoard capabilities - cleaner look removing drop shadows/3d look stamps, with improved tool palette, pens, color picker and ability to arrange objects. Ability to export as PNG from the context menu. Old Whiteboards will migrate and honor old objects - no need to recreate them.
- Active Speaker Indicator - easily identify who is speaking as listed at the top of the participant list.
- Wide screen mode for webcam video - Hosts can choose to set default view to 16:9 aspect if available.
- Persistency of Allow Microphone for All Participants available in Meeting Rooms and easier selection of microphone and webcam.
- Stepped Zoom Level for participants - users will now have more zoom level options available to them, number of steps depend on their display monitor size.
- Intelligent First Login Process - allowing an "Explore Adobe Connect" tour depending on which group a user is assigned (Meeting Host, Event Manager, etc); new meeting hosts who have never logged in would be able to view a temporary meeting room to explore a room via guided menu tooltips.
Meeting Recording Enhancements
- Passcode Protected Public Recordings - users can now set passcodes to public recording, adding a layer of security for their recordings.
- Access Reports for Recordings - once recordings are moved to a user's Content Library, reporting is enabled. Number of times a recording was viewed, and for recordings that require login access, who viewed the recording, when and for how long.
- Prompts to Save Recordings if a Meeting Room is being deleted.