Digital Media Services (DMS) is a fast-paced environment with many opportunities to learn different technologies, as well as interact with a number of different clients on a daily basis. The following student worker position is available for application at this time:
DMS does not require Federal Work Study (FWS) as a requirement for employment; however, if offered a position and the candidate is eligible, FWS will be applied.
Interested undergraduate and graduate students are encouraged to apply using one of the following options:
Step 1 - Print or Electronically Complete Your Application
Download a PDF copy of our application (dmsjobapplication14-15). Please note that all applications must be submitted through RamblerLink as an attachment.
Step 2 - Submit Your Application Online
Apply for an open Digital Media Services student worker position online through the RamblerLink system. If a position is not available in the Career Services RamblerLink system, this indicates that we are not currently hiring for the associated position.
- Be sure to download a PDF version of our application from step 1 and upload your completed document as an attachment to your RamblerLink application.
We may not be hiring at the time when you file your application to work with our team. If this is the case, we will hold your application and contact you for an interview if vacancies become available. If you have any questions regarding positions available in Digital Media Services, please send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
In addition to the responsibilities identified below, Digital Media Services Advisors are expected to:
- Provide customer service and support regarding digital media and other technologies in line with the University (Maroon & Gold Standards of Excellence), Division, Area and Unit customer service standards;
- Maintain a cumulative University GPA above 2.5 for undergraduates and 3.0 for graduate students;
- Adhere to and follow confidentiality agreements and standards for handling information and data;
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with students, faculty and staff, both verbally and in writing;
- Solve practical problems and address a variety of situations that may arise in working with a diverse set of technologies using available resources;
- Troubleshoot and find resolutions to multimedia, software and equipment issues; and
- Participate in opening, closing and overnight shifts.
Student Worker Positions
The following student worker positions are available in Digital Media Services:
Digital Media Advisor
We’re excited that you’re interested in employment with Digital Media Services at Loyola University Chicago. Student workers employed by Digital Media Services are expected to be highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
Students that have been successful in our Advisor roles have:
- Previous experience working in a technical and/or leadership roles;
- Experience with digital media hardware (cameras, camcorders, audio equipment);
- Experience in video editing, graphic design and Adobe/Apple products; and
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to effectively multitask in a professional environment.
A Digital Media Services Advisor position includes the following responsibilities:
- 40%) Circulate Information Technology Services equipment in the Equipment Loan Program;
- 25%) Assist campus users in the Multimedia and Digital Media Labs with projects, software and hardware support;
- 10%) Provide equipment consultations and training for clients in the Digital Media Labs;
- 10%) Process poster printing, issue guest internet access accounts, document lost media devices and other service requests;
- 5%) Serve as a resource for departments, organizations and other clients in person, online and via the phone;
- 5%) Assist with Digital Media Services projects and documentation initiatives;
- 5%) Assist with monitoring, support and maintenance of Multimedia and Digital Media Labs; and
- Other duties as assigned by the Digital Media Services leadership team.