Campus and Community Planning Department
Type of job: Student Assistant
Hours: 20-25 per week
Rate: $11 per hour
The successful candidate will play a key role in increasing visibility of Loyola University Chicago community programming within the external community through event execution and talent coordination.
The Communication and Special Events Coordinator reports to the Administrative Assistant in accordance with strategies set for by the Director. The Communication and Special Events Coordinator will focus on the programming of new public spaces on campus, including the Loyola CTA Plaza and Kenmore Sustainability Corridor. Candidate will work on external program initiatives, implementing a schedule and promoting these events through department and university-wide communication channels via website, social media and electronic newsletter. This person will also assist in the coordination of events with 15-20 non-profit organizations with which the University enjoys strategic partnerships.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create and maintain contact database of artists, business organizations, nonprofit organizations and other performance-based groups in order to develop proactive programming in the public spaces.
- Edit and upload text, photos and other media to the University Terminal 4 system.
- Serve as social media point person for promotion of internal and external events through use of Facebook and Twitter. Seek out external partner channels to gain visibility for public events.
- Work within a specified budget to book artists, schedule performances and host community activities May through September on the Loyola CTA Plaza.
- Receive and process internal and external space reservation requests through R25 and serve as the administrator of reservations.
- Work with facilities, campus safety and other internal partners as appropriate to coordinate event logistics and follow-up to ensure smooth execution of all scheduled activities.
- Develop promotion pieces through print and e-publications to garner external visibility for public events.
- Other duties as assigned.
About Community Relations and Campus & Community Planning Departments
The Department of Campus and Community Planning is responsible for strategic planning and public relations for Lake Shore, Water Tower and Bull Valley campus. Housed within Campus and Community Planning, the Department of Community Relations serves as Loyola's connection between the University and the surrounding neighborhoods of Loyola's campuses. Community Relations supports and encourages the vitality and sustainability of our neighborhoods by building relationships with the City of Chicago, local schools, community policing, block clubs, chambers of commerce, neighborhood organizations and nonprofits.