Faith And Justice
Seeking God in all things and practicing a faith that does justice are central to Jesuit education at Loyola University. The Department of Community Relations maintains good relationships with many places of worship and justice-based organizations in order to promote faith through worship and faith in action.
- Loyola AIDS Run/Walk: Loyola University regularly has the "largest" and "most spirited" team participating in the AIDS Run/Walk Chicago sponsored by the AIDS Foundation of Chicago and benefitting Global Alliance for Africa. Both organizations have Loyola representatives on their boards of directors and are supported in multiple ways by the University.
- Chicago Fair Trade: an organization which Loyola supported as a "trail-blazing" sponsor and continues to support through representation on the board of directors and an annual donation.
- Holy Name Cathedral: Roman Catholic Parish near Water Tower Campus.
- Madonna Della Strada: Roman Catholic Chapel at Lake Shore Campus
- Loyola University Division of Mission and Ministry: organizes many outreach programs and on-going volunteer opportunities for students. Mission and Ministry can also provide an exhaustive list of houses of worship for families of all faiths.
- St. Gertrude: Roman Catholic Parish near Lake Shore Campus
- St. Ignatius: Roman Catholic Parish near Lake Shore Campus
- Emanuel Congregation: Jewish Congregation near Lake Shore Campus
- Care For Real: Food pantry in Edgewater which Loyola supports through donations and volunteer service