Graduation Day Information
Day of Ceremony Instructions
(For all ceremonies except the School of Continuing and Professional Studies)
- The Commencement ceremony will take place in Gentile Arena
- Graduates must report to the Rambler Room in Centennial Forum Student Union at least 45 minutes before their ceremony to obtain their seating cards.
- (PhD, DBe, and DNP graduates please see the information in the next sections below.)
- Law School graduates: you must report to the 2nd floor of the Damen Student Center in Schmidt Hall to check-in.
- Your seating card is your ticket into the arena and will be used to read your name as you cross the stage.
- Do not lose your seating card! If you do, find a Loyola staff member immediately.
- The only students who process are the PhD candidates at the Graduate School ceremony.
For PhD, DBe, and DNP candidates
- You will pick up your seating cards from the second floor of the Damen Student Center in the Schmidt Multipurpose Room when you pick up your cap and gown.
- PhD and DBe graduates will remain in the Schmidt Multipurpose Room to line up for the processional.
- DNP graduates will proceed directly to the Gentile Arena floor to find their assigned seat.
For the School of Continuing and Professional Studies
- Your ceremony will take place in Mundelein Auditorium.
- Graduates are required to report to the first floor of the Mundelein Center no later than 45 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony. You will check in with University staff and receive further instructions.