School of Continuing and Professional Studies
Candidates interested in delivering the Student Commencement Speech should submit a letter of intent, a draft of their speech, and a resume by March 29, 2013.
Interested students must be a participating graduate of this year's ceremony.
Please review the information at http://www.luc.edu/transformativeed/3_trueeducation.shtml and then keep to the following speech guidelines:
- 3-5 minutes in length (700-850 words)
- Reflect on how your education at Loyola University has been a transformative experience.
Letters of intent, resumes, and speech drafts should be sent to Jeremy Joslin at email@example.com or dropped off at the SCPS office, LT-401.
Please include your phone number and e-mail address in your letter of intent. The selected graduate will be notified in April.
Graduates will receive an e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org with instructions for confirming attendance to the ceremony. You must complete this online registration in order to attend the ceremony.
Correct Tassel Colors:
- Bachelor of Arts is white.
- Bachelor of Science is gold.
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies is gold.
Graduate Instructions – Day of Ceremony
- Bring your academic apparel with you to the ceremony. This includes your cap, gown, and any special cords you have been awarded. Extras will not be available if forgotten.
- Arrive between 11:30 and 12:15 p.m. to check in and receive ceremony instructions.
- Instruct your guests to proceed directly to the auditorium.
The SCPS Ceremony will be held at the Mundelein Center Auditorium, 1032 W Sheridan Road, on the Lake Shore Campus.
Tickets are not required for the SCPS Commencement Ceremony. There is no limit on the number of guests you may invite.
Contact the School of Continuing and Professional Studies at 312.915.6501 or email@example.com.